Does anyone know how to save/backup a journal?

Discussion in 'NoFap Technical Support and Feedback' started by Anne-Dauphine, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Anne-Dauphine

Anne-Dauphine Moderator Assistant

Heya, I'm please looking for a way to completely save my old journal so I can read it offline and for backup reasons. I'm sure I recently read a thread about this I'm sorry but I can't for the life of me find it. If anyone has an idea of how to do it it would be much appreciated, thank you!

2. Mr. McMarty

Mr. McMarty Fapstronaut

You need to copy-paste to a word processing doc or print the page to adobe pdf. There is no export function at this time.

3. ifthecoppertubes

ifthecoppertubes Fapstronaut

Hmm, I've never heard of a way to that.

I'm pretty sure what follows will not be what you want or need but, just in case:

1. To backup your journal posts you can simply save each page as an html file. You can read them offline with your browser (Open File).

2. To edit your journal offline, you can extract manually your posts from the html files by reading them as source files (in your browser (View Page Source) or in any simple notepad-like application). This sounds quite labor intensive at first, but I read an html source file, and in it, it seems that all your posts are always be preceded by the string
    Code:
     messageText SelectQuoteContainer 
    So it seems manageable.
    Hope it helps.

4. Anne-Dauphine

Anne-Dauphine Moderator Assistant

Urgh that's what I feared. Gonna use this html file method but still 25 pages haha. Thanks a lot!