1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Does fapping really decrease testosterone?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Saserman, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Saserman

Saserman Fapstronaut

A while back I was trying to cut some fat and build muscle. A friend of mine was giving me some tips and one of them was to stop fapping because fapping causes a decrease in testosterone, which would lead to a decrease in muscle gain. The interesting thing is that while fapping decreases testosterone, having real sex with a real woman actually increases it.

Back then I tried to follow his advice but gave up. This was around 2 or 3 years ago lol

I'm kinda treating it as bioscience now because I haven't actually seen any studies, except for tha pparticular one where they noticed a sudden jump in testosterone on the 7th day of abstaining. But in that study, what happened after the 7th day? Apparently it goes back to normal from what I heard in the comments of some site.

I'm currently doing nofap. 2 weeks in now. I'm not doing any weightlifting but I am doing some intense cardio, so testosterone might be good to me, so I was just curious.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  2. Spartan

Spartan Fapstronaut

I don't think the sex with the woman exactly increases it directly ... its just being around them that seems to trigger our Inner Tiger ;)

It seems like common sense. I once heard a Chinese saying that "one drop of semen is made from ten drops of blood" ... the point being that it takes energy to replenish one's semen stores and too frequent ejaculation will obviously reduce your resources (maybe testosterone included).

Stay spartan.

3. alexs

alexs Fapstronaut

it does'nt sound right man...do some research...

4. ColeO

ColeO Fapstronaut

I've read in a couple places that it does, and I know when I would masturbate that the next day I wouldnt want to work out or really do anything. So I think it takes testosterone away.

5. dencko

dencko New Fapstronaut

If you want you can do a research. For example measure testosterone levels on different days (when you fap, when you don't, after some time with no fapping etc). It can cost a lot of money since this is done in some lab and you probably have to pay a lot for tests, but you will get a clean picture of what is happening. I wonder if someone has ever done that, would be nice to hear about results.