1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Does marriage conflict with brahmacharya?

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by becomingreat, Oct 19, 2020.

1. becomingreat

becomingreat Fapstronaut

Hi
    I was and am interested in the idea of brahmacharya. I've read a famous book on it written by an indian teacher(master) I don't remember the name though.
    Id like to know that if a brahmachary can become married and have non-ejeculatory sex or not?

Why Im asking this?
    From spiritual purpose (islam) a marriage is a step to become close to God. Its a tool to become more whole, mature, blessful and happy. (Ive become familiar with this view recently and I believe that this is the case in a successful marriage.)

On the other hand there is a famous speech from brahmans that says: if a man avoids ejaculation for 12 years there would be nothing that he wouldnt understand. Awesome, right?

Now the question is can sb get married and at the same time avoid ejaculation to reap the benefits of both marriage and retention?
    Do you think that marriage is even neccessary for a man's growth and happiness?

2. becomingreat

becomingreat Fapstronaut

By the way the book that I forgot the name is "the practice of brahmacharya" by Swami Sivananda

mdnirvana and FX-05 like this.
  3. SynapticMagic

SynapticMagic Fapstronaut

Your picture is of a book by David Deida. I recommend you read his other books like:
    1. Enlightened Sex
    2. Finding God Through Sex
    3. Blue Truth
    I also highly recommend, "The Multi-Orgasmic Man," by Mantak Chia.

As far as I'm concerned a person's development in the context of a healthy, mutually beneficial relationship where both individuals are devoted to the paths of self-improvement and enlightenment is always of greater potential than a person's development alone. It's much, much more difficult, but it's much, much more rewarding. Many enlightened masters return to the common people and find that they aren't enlightened unless they're sitting alone in a cave. This is not true enlightenment. The enlightened master is enlightened in all contexts regardless of what occurs around them.

becomingreat likes this.
  4. InappropriateUsername

InappropriateUsername Fapstronaut

On one hand, getting married would seem to undermine the celibacy that's part of the bramach. What happens if she wants children before 12 years? What if she makes you horny?

But if only ejaculation is denied you could theoretically still have sex--just no ejaculation. But that's a hard oath b/c you would want to bust one baaad if you are up in that.

If you marry a woman of like mind who will abstain with you, then much easier path to enlightenment.

There are plenty of mature, happy unmarried men so I don't think it's necessary. But I'm married, my wife gets me hot and only abstain as a part of recovery. 12 weeks w/o ejaculation is close to my limit.

becomingreat likes this.
  5. becomingreat

becomingreat Fapstronaut

Thank you so much for sharing the books. Ive read the way of the superior man before, Id admired it pretty much and had decided to also read other books of this author but somehow it slipped out of my mind.
    Im reading enlightened sex from yesterday thanks to you and it was so amazing I didnt put it down.

In the case of enlightment I think its not possible by marriage until strong descipline is established to prevent ejaculations. You mentioned there is a higher chance of enlightment in marriage. So are you proposing the idea of non-ejaculatory sex in marriage, are there even any restrictions after marriage in order to get enlightened or not in your opinion?

6. SynapticMagic

SynapticMagic Fapstronaut

I didn't say there was a higher chance of enlightenment, I said that you can achieve far greater enlightenment. It's much more difficult. The path is difficult either way, but in the context of a marriage or relationship, the heights are higher. David Deida talks a lot about that in his books. Achieving God-Consciousness during sex is often never achieved for even the most enlightened of masters for the fact that it is so difficult, and because of the sexual repression inherent in so many of the traditional societies in which these teachings were first created.

becomingreat likes this.
  7. becomingreat

becomingreat Fapstronaut

One may ask so why is it that marriage is avoided in spirituals, while there are higher levels of counsciousnes and enlightment possible to be achieved by its means?
    Isnt it that in many spiritual thinkings, enlightment is considered to be of the highest achievements? If so, why it is suggested to be alone(like in a cave for years) and anoid marriage to reach higher awareness while it IS possible by marriage in a shorter time and probably a higher quality?