1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Does Nofap makes you fight with your girlfriend more often than usual?

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by A.ARN, Aug 13, 2017.

1. A.ARN

A.ARN Fapstronaut

Lately my girlfriend has been abroad and what happened is small things she did started to irritate me such as not calling me regularly as I told her, not sending me photos of her before uploading it to Instagram.
    I feel that these are very unimportant issues but it turns to irritate me and end up to a fight.
    Is this a normal withdrawal effect? or it is due to my history with PMO?

2. MarinoBigFan1984

MarinoBigFan1984 Fapstronaut

3. samnf1990

samnf1990 Fapstronaut

In short, no. At the beginning, which was basically a being caught type situation, she was angry but we talked it over and I expressed my inner conflict about having returned to P (we had been here before) but since then there are either an equal number or fewer disagreements than before nofap. One thing to remember is that you cannot control another person. Your GF has the right to upload whatever she wants to instagram. She does not need a brand management team screening her social media content in the form of her BF. You can express to her whatbyoubwould like her to avoid posting if certain things hurt your feelings, but it is totally unteasonable and controlling to expect to screen every picture. While on your nofap journey, remember what is causing you to be irritable: the dopamine withdrawal. Talk through issues in a way that seeks out a solution, rather than seeking to blame each other.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

Numbanddisturbed72 likes this.
  4. A.ARN

A.ARN Fapstronaut

I am not controlling her at all even I did not speak with her about what I didn't like about her instagram account.
    My question is does withdrawal and PMO addiction causes that irritation about small issues from my side which maybe why we fight a lot recently?! But before I was watching P and our fight rate was not as is now? Does it increased due to withdrawal symptoms?

5. MarinoBigFan1984

Yes you have no outlet to release frustration

A.ARN likes this.
  6. turquoise

turquoise Fapstronaut

Everyone is different, so it depends. From what you're describing, it sounds like you are more irritable than usual, and that can be caused by any number of things. However, there's a good chance what you are experiencing is psychological, rather than physiological. In other words, don't "blame" no PMO for being irritable. You were probably using PMO as a coping mechanism and not dealing with your emotions in the correct way. Now those emotions are showing themselves. You have to figure out what they signify and how to deal with them. The answer is not more PMO, either way.

Just my two-cents.

Deleted Account likes this.
  7. A.ARN

A.ARN Fapstronaut

so, what do you advice me to do to deal with my emotions?

8. MarinoBigFan1984

Does she know you are rebooting?

9. SOSo

SOSo Fapstronaut

Have you spoken with a therapist?

10. turquoise

turquoise Fapstronaut

First, I think it is helpful to recognize that these emotions are something you aren't comfortable with. If that's the case, then you should try not to feed into them. You may want to think about therapy, meditation, or other stress-management and relaxation techniques. It seems you recognize that these feelings are not helpful, so it's important you have a healthy way to deal with them when they arise.

The other thing to deal with is whether or not they DO have a real cause. Is it possible you aren't happy in your relationship, and PMO has been a coping mechanism? Are there other things in your life that could be making you unhappy and that PMO distracted you from? If this is the case, you may want to change what is making you unhappy.

Please keep in mind I'm not a therapist, and the only one who can really figure out how best to deal with these emotions is you.

11. A.ARN

A.ARN Fapstronaut

no she don't and I am not planning to do so at least in the near future

vxlccm likes this.
  12. A.ARN

A.ARN Fapstronaut

nope

13. TalkingScum

TalkingScum Fapstronaut

Short answer: 'unimportant issues' 'irritate me'. That's your answer. AND distance relationships are always hard

Long answer: Distance relationships are hard. She's abroad experiancing new things. Let her experiance new things and enjoy her time and don't make her comming home an event she spends her time dreading.

This sounds controlling. 'as i told her'

This also sounds controlling. It was in the same sentence as the 'as i told her' declaration.

Overall it sounds that you're not enjoying your time apart and want to blame her or your reboot.

SOSo and turquoise like this.
  14. A.ARN

A.ARN Fapstronaut

You are right! Thank you @TalkingScum, btw I decided not to blame her or ask her to do anything untill she comes back, actuallay I was trying to do this for a week or something but till yesterday I couldn't tolerate.
    So, from now till she come back I leave her totally to enjoy her time and keep those suffering for myslef.

15. HappyDaysAreHereAgain

HappyDaysAreHereAgain Fapstronaut

Without PMO, you should become aware of many new feelings. Some are awesome good others are negative and stressful. You are not avoiding them with PMO, so they are blooming. You are becoming a real man with issues in reality. That is great. Now you can begin to deal with them in ways that will help you and those around you. This is a new level of the fight. Stay strong and enjoy growing up and developing your manhood.

turquoise likes this.