1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Don't be a dry drunk

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by Penelope, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Penelope

Penelope Fapstronaut

Don't be a dry drunk. Be honest with yourself and your SO. If you are not able to be faithful to your woman because you want her and only her, let her go. Just like a dry drunk that does not drink but looks at every bottle, every person who drinks with desire, longing and envy, don't be looking at other women, P, Psubs with desire, longing and resentment towards your SO. We are with you because we believed you. We believed you when you told us that we are the ones, that you only want to be with us. We trusted that words and gave everything we have to you. So when we discover that you long and lust after others, when we realize that no matter what we do you still will, it hurts. Your resentment towards us hurts. Your anger, moodiness, blame game, your lame attempts to hide the fact you are taking another and another glance on that hot girl, it all hurts. It hurts to never be the one, that special one that makes all the others become irrelevant and secondary. Because believe me, you for us are exactly that. The ONE. Please take these words into consideration. Honesty is the most important thing when in a relationship. Otherwise, just go be single. Have them all if that is what you care for. They will anyway never be enough.

2. naonaise

naonaise Fapstronaut

I feel this so so strongly. Wonderfully well-written.

Kenzi and Penelope like this.
  3. Penelope

Penelope Fapstronaut

Thank you naonaise.

4. Godpower

Godpower Fapstronaut

Motivation thing.

5. Thanks for writing this, it’s a direct and clear perspective.

6. Penelope

Penelope Fapstronaut

Thank you.

7. Astrocastle420

Astrocastle420 Fapstronaut

This... Makes sense... And hurts... And it should... thank you.

She is the one for me, but P is something that I had always disconnected from being a true emotional impact on anything/anyone. Falsely assumed it was a vacuum.

I can't promise these images and thoughts will ever fade away in my lifetime, but I've promised to her that my intent is for her to be my single source of sexual intimacy.

Just does a number on the noggin when you've known something else your whole childhood and adult life to always be good, and never associated it as a bad or hurtful thing.

Needed to read this today. Thank you.

She's going to be my one. It's a beast of a jungle in the mind to fight through this brain fog. Giving up M is a challenge here. Going strong so far, but damn.

AngelofDarkness likes this.
  8. Penelope

Penelope Fapstronaut

Thank you. I Understand it is a struggle, but that fight you are fighting is worth it. Every single bit worth it. Keep going and don't give up. Life can be so much more than pixels on the screen.

9. Tokenator27

Tokenator27 Fapstronaut

OP has given me more to think about, adding to the ever-growing list of things to think about. I thank you for your story and your honesty. You are absolutely right and your words will help to shape me into a better man and a better human being.

Again...thank you.

10. Penelope

Penelope Fapstronaut

Thank you. I am truly happy that you take my words seriously as a food for thought. You have all the needed to be the best version of yourself. You just need to reach for it.

Tokenator27 likes this.
  11. Astrocastle420

Astrocastle420 Fapstronaut

Or words on a page, or wrongful thoughts in a mind... My issue has been the impact P has had on what is "right" to fantasize about while in a committed relationship to one woman. Lustful fantasies that are quick to arouse but damaging to love. Not sharable, and not selfless.

P can be more than a pixel demon. I'd encourage other men to think hard about what you currently feel is "right" for you to look at and fantasize about.

Would you do it with her together? Is it something you can share in? Even after the pixels have left the screen, you're clicking on NSFW hyperlinks in your mind when you reminisce about old habits and scenarios.

It's worth it because you get to start having more real fantasies that can actually come true. You can get excited about your wife, and return home to fulfill those fantasies with her. Be a couple, and be strong.

Ditch the P, concrete and abstract.

Penelope and TooMuchTooSoon like this.