1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Dopamine fasting

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Targaryenn, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Targaryenn

Targaryenn Fapstronaut

Basically, a dopamine fast is a period of abstention from sex, drugs, alcohol, gambling, social media, internet, smartphone and, in some extreme cases, talking to other people, for at least 24 hours.

What do you think about dopamine fasting?

Thanks!

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. LewisBrunner

LewisBrunner Fapstronaut

It should help you get focused and be more productive.

This is one of the reason why I avoid instagram and facebook, as the main source of short video clips that essentially are dopamine injections. Same with reddit and imgur with their memes.

You will receive the full benefits if you know where you want to direct the energy that you'll have available. Do you have any goals or a project that you want to focus on?

Di.Do.555 and Targaryenn like this.
  3. I think it's a great idea, but may be difficult to do depending on the details of your situation. For me, I work in IT, so being on the Internet is kind of an essential part of my work life. I am off of Facebook. Which has brought me an incredible amount of additional time to focus on other things. Instagram use is also down considerably, I have noticed. I am currently in the process of cleaning up my IG feed to remove triggering content, which gives me something to "do" when I'm in a lull.

I've never done drugs, and don't really drink or gamble, so those are pretty easy to abstain from.

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. ItsSeal

ItsSeal Fapstronaut

I think its great. However, I do not think you have to remove all triggers. Example, I like to listen to some music one hour a day. But I did remove social media completely and never looked back for it!