1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

dreadful fatigue after 370 days of nofap is that normal?

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by Mr. R, Feb 16, 2022.

1. Mr. R

Mr. R Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Hello, so until 360 days everything went steadily uphill. Energy levels kept rising and same with motivation. Some occasional wet dreams after every 110 days, almost some couple slips, but i felt so much better in the long run, started going to school, so it's full on schedual with a full time job, that i easily managed the first semester, i also workout finely.

But now, like in recent 2 weeks, it's the same as being a pmo addict again. Hugely sleepy, tired and fatiqued. I sleep like 9 hours and still feel like i havent slept at all and have to take multiple naps throughout the day to function for my school work. Trouble focussing on classes, cuz i get so sleepy and want to sleep all the time. Also some feelings of depression and anxiety comes back.

Also my job has become very irritating and shit, but it's been always like that. I don't think my low energy is because of burnout from job.

I read somewhere that after this much time of no sex and with prolonged retention a guy also felt very dreadfully tired and then he jerked off and was fine with his energy levels.

So any other guys with 360 + days of nofap ever felt the same or have some ideas what to do?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2022
  2. SSS Vision

SSS Vision Fapstronaut

I know I'm not in the Year+ club, but just thought it was worth noting that in the course of a year and the context of a global pandemic, it would not be surprising if you didn't spend a week or two fighting off some kind of infection or illness. Perhaps your fatigue is casused by an underlying but unrelated (and hopefully temporary) health issue. A year of increasing energy should be plenty of evidence that what you are doing is working, whereas a couple weeks of low energy is probably unrelated to no PMO and very likely stemming from something else entirely. It is a stretch of logic to think that after a year doing one thing for you, PMO is suddenly having the opposite effect, unless it were a very short-lived hormonal spike or something. I'm interested to see what others say who ARE in the 360+ club (mad respect to all of you).

3. DeeJ4y

DeeJ4y Fapstronaut

I can tell from my experience that energy and tiredness go in waves. Sometimes I have energy for everything and I am motivated and sometimes I feel tired af. Sure after relapses tiredness is more common. But I think that it is just stress that caused you to be first energetic for everything and now you as the stress goes away you feel tired. That is my experience at least.

Mr. R and Legacy of Lost Soul like this.
  4. its temporary dont worry. Its a temporary flatline dip and you will come out stronger when its over with. Persist

Buddhabro2.0, Mr. R and SSS Vision like this.