1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Drug Use

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Macabre, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Macabre

Macabre Fapstronaut

Hey everyone,

Along with no pmo, I'm trying to quit using drugs and alcohol recreationally. I'm prescribed adderall as it helps me focus when I'm on the job.

Would you see the use of adderall as a crutch in my life or a legitimate use?

2. Since I only have experience abusing the absolute shit out of adderall tweaking my balls off for days at a time without sleeping or eating and was never prescribed it, I think I will keep my thoughts to myself and just share a link :)

Happy you are asking these things!

http://elitedaily.com/life/why-adderall-scares-me/1100021/

Merlionno and Macabre like this.
  3. Macabre

Macabre Fapstronaut

The link is bomb. I watched the video too, now I'm going to take a cold ass shower.

Thank you Trevor James, thank you.

4. Macabre

Macabre Fapstronaut

I was sitting at work today... and God I felt so horrible. I had no motivation to do any work, even when I try and concentrate I just have this awful feeling inside of me and I can't concentrate on anything. I caved and took my prescribed adderall, so I'm feeling a bit better. But I need to figure out how to get rid of this feeling when I'm trying to work when I'm not on it... I feel like my mind is running at a thousand miles a minute when I don't take it.

5. Your a good writer, Macabre. Write a small word or two on paper when feeling the distraction. Putting the thoughts into paper will release them from your mind.

Remember to breathe and focus on the breath. The mind and the breath are closely linked. Breathe equal amounts in and out. Focus on that and the mind will slowly obey.

Be the master at work, make it your battlefield. The Heirs, and everything that means, are with you, in hard times and good.

Macabre likes this.
  6. Macabre

Macabre Fapstronaut

Thank you, it seems I have more than one demon to face.

7. bananaCat

bananaCat Fapstronaut

Hi Macabre and other readers. I am quiting alcohol and nicotine at the same time as PMO. I had been addicted to legal and illegal weed before and was able to quit (the legal stuff was the worst) so I am confident I can do this.
    I'm still on my third week, but so far so good. Before, my PMO urges used to get the strongest when I'm high or drunk. These addictions feed off if each other, (again, the legal stuff was the worst!) so I figured itll be easier to quit them all at once.
    I sm taking buproprion (generic stuff from India) which cuts down my urge to smoke completely. Its a smoking cessation drug that works by cooling off the dopamine receptors (I think) and I think it has made nofap easier gor me too.
    Good luck Macabre. We can all do this!