1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Edgy

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Urbancottage30, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Urbancottage30

Urbancottage30 Fapstronaut

I am alone. Extroversion is conformity. Walking hours on end,how many normies do you think can put up with that? And I live in a tropical island with comfortable weather. Discuss a book with them? Most of my "friends" think reading is boring,and that's the worst kind of censorship.Listening to shitty music on the car with them? Watching shitty Netflix and superhero movies with them? Eating junk food with them? Maybe I just had bad luck and met all the wrong people. But for the sake of my health,my emotions and my money,I am alone.

2. OttarrTheVendelCrow

OttarrTheVendelCrow Fapstronaut

Hey @Urbancottage30. I am sorry to hear that you are feeling alone. Can you help me understand what you mean by normies? I have a general understanding of the meme. What does it mean to you for someone to be a normie? (in addition to what you have already mentioned)

blacklabel92 and Urbancottage30 like this.
  3. Urbancottage30

Normie for me would be somebody that conforms easily with trending opinions and style. Always afraid of anything out of the ordinary. Quick to criticize and incapable of self reflection. You meet one normie,you've met them all. All the thoughts they have are bad regurgitations of something the news or other normies said.

Knighthawk and blacklabel92 like this.
  4. Nº 9

Nº 9 Fapstronaut

Oh!
    I love reading! And I can discuss a book with someone for hours and hours!

What are you reading currently???

5. Urbancottage30

Just started reading a book called "Lazarillo de tormes". It's a Spanish adventure novel from the XVI century. I usually read more modern stuff,plus I prefer short stories over novels most of the time. But decided to start the year with "Lazarillo" because it was a random gift from a guy at a secondhand bookstore I go to. The book,plus a CD. I prefer to read in my native language(Spanish) because for most of my childhood I was reading in English. This may improve bilingual skills,but in the long run,is not good for your brain to read in a language and speak on another. Sorry for my ranting. What is your literary poison??

6. AJ777

AJ777 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Books are far superior to movies or TV bro! I'm a bookworm / writer for life. I also have no friends that are into reading or writing and its kind of tough, but it is what it is.

Urbancottage30 likes this.
  7. Nº 9

Nº 9 Fapstronaut

Oh, mi amigo!
    Por supuesto que conozco el Lazarillo, y me gustan algunas obras de literatura española. Aunque no soy muy fan en general. Me entretengo con los dramas tipo Don Juan Tenorio, que son cortos y muy llevaderos.

Those kind of books are awesome to read in between other books, or simultaneously. You know that feeling when you finish a heavy long book and you are like "wtf i will do now" and you freak out. Thats an inbetween book!

Dont be sorry, I would like to read an even more extensive ranting from you!
    As a literary poison, I have some books that I read over and over and over again. Like "The Illiad". I read it like +20 times. But is just one of them.
    And I collect secondhand old books. But only from romantic authors. Only frenchs or germans or british. I am very strict with those

8. Nº 9

Nº 9 Fapstronaut

Oh, I forget!

Georges Bataille

Thats my current literary poison, for sure. Read almost all of his books during this year and I am curretly debating myself if I shall start "Story of the eye" (for obvious reasons...) LOL

9. PanteriMauzer

PanteriMauzer Fapstronaut

There are alot of people who like to read (i dont , i also think its boring , i prefer videos) , try join a group of reading, idk maybe a forum of reading? Alot of people like to read

10. Urbancottage30

Reading is pretty common in online forums,but at least for me,not one among my peers In Real Life read.But I am not saying you have to read to better yourself. Preliterate societies like the Dogon and Australian aborigines have some citizens that possess an extraordinary wealth of knowledge pertaing to fields such as botany,zoology,meteorology and legends.Writing is useful,but not necessary for a society to improve. But most people in my country have been tortured by a American-styled primary education driven by defeated and resentful people that sap wonder from children and teenagers. Someone under that spiritual tyranny that avoids reading,watching or playing cultural material that is outside the norm could remain programmed. What I mean by this is too much mainstream culture numbs your soul(at least it numbs mine)so I stay away from it. But I can't help but see the similarities between my past symptoms and how some people have the same ones. I know I am sounding very arrogant,and I know the term "mainstream culture" does not mean the same for everyone. But a lot of nofappers will probably relate to the backwardness of trending music right now. How it can permeate your veins just as a poison would. Many Netflix originals and franchise movies are extremely evil,plus too much quantity over quality when it comes to streaming services nowadays. Maybe I am just too sensitive to the contemporary zeitgeist.

11. Urbancottage30

La Iliada más de 20 veces??!! Eso es amor verdadero. Me gusta mucho Horacio Quiroga. No he leído Bataille. Empecé a leer "América" de Jean Braudillard y lo encontré demasiado profundo para mi diminuto cerebro. Voy a intentarlo de nuevo usando de referencia un diccionario Larousse que compré. Si de casualidad te interesa leer un tratado sociológico lleno de odio te lo recomiendo. En tiendas de segunda mano me gusta comprar libros de cocina y albums de música en español de antes del 2006.

12. PanteriMauzer

PanteriMauzer Fapstronaut

True , dispite me not likeing to read i dont follow the mainstream culture ,much leas maisntream musics that i hate i prefer other music like turbofolk, instrumental i like alot of genre , but never mainstream musics

And i use videos to get knowleadge, i love history and today for example i watched a video about the story of the rhodes colossus ! Very interesting and mutch more entretaining than reading a book , the only book im reading now is Meditations from Marcus Aurelious and that book is tje second most important book off all (after the Bible)

13. Nº 9

Nº 9 Fapstronaut

jajaja! Es poco 20 veces para La Ilíada! Más cuando uno esta haciendo algún tipo de esfuerzo como puede ser esto del NoPmo o SR.
    Horacio Quiroga me leía mi mamá cuando era un niño y por eso le tengo mucho aprecio a sus historias. Especialmente los "Cuentos de amor, locura y muerte" (Si, eso me leía mi madre entre otras cosas escabrosas, a veces. Pero le estoy agradecido.)

En cuanto a Jean Baudrillard, conozco su obra, me lo leí en cuanto vi su referencia en la película "Matrix". Y confieso que no comparto mucho sus conceptos, es complejo y pesado. Bastante aburrido. Y creo que su análisis sociológico hace agua por todos lados. Precisamente por lo cargado de odio de su perspectiva. Muy típico de los franceses cuando analizan lo americano, por otro lado. Tipo: "todo es Disney y Disney es malo"
    Amigo, yo he estado en Disney y es un f*cking lugar mágico! Lo disfruté horrores, tenía 20 años y me sentí como de 5 otra vez. Se que es puro marketing americano, pero maldita sea, vaya que lo hacen bien.

Georges Bataille es más filosofía. Y sin duda es pesado también, pero su perspectiva y su sistema filosófico, en definitiva, es una explicación de la realidad totalmente nueva y que jamás había leído en ninguna parte. Algo totalmente sin precedentes. Me cambió la forma de ver la realidad.

14. Urbancottage30

Wow,tu mamá suena como una mujer muy sabia. Eres muy afortunado. Es bueno que estés agradecido de su labor.

El "análisis" de Braudillard es más espiritual que científico,desconfiaba de la modernidad y la cultura estadounidense de una manera visceral. Sus obras son ensayos literarios y no una tésis filosófica al nivel de Hegel o Kant,pero me interesó un poco pq el estilo se asemeja al de Nietzsche antes de que escribiera aforismos,como " El Nacimiento de la Tragedia". Sé que es un poco trillado mencionar a Nietzsche en un foro de nofap,pero es definitivamente uno de mis filósofos favoritos.

Me alegra saber que te gustó Disney,pero yo fuí con 25 años de edad y no me gustó mucho. Ir a Disney hizo de mí desconfiar de la cultura de masas estadounidense. Cuando sentía magia ahí,era magia negra.
    Pero ten en cuenta que soy puertorriqueño. Estados Unidos colonizó,ehhhh,disculpa...pacíficamente ocupó la isla de Puerto Rico en el año 1898 y cuando visité Disney me imaginé que algo así es el futuro que visualizan para mi país. Me encantan los estadounidenses como personas,pero decir Estados Unidos en muchos países(especialmente Latinoamérica) es decir CIA y paramilicia privada. Pero para nada de esto tengo evidencia. Soy como Braudillard en ese aspecto desgraciadamente.

Qué libro de Bataille recomendarías para leer primero?

15. Nº 9

Nº 9 Fapstronaut

Puerto Rico! Que lugar más hermoso debe ser!
    Ahora entiendo un poquito mejor el contexto de tus palabras. Y si, es probable que tengas razón a todo nivel en lo referente a USA, despues de todo. En ese aspecto soy muy cándido y naiff. Hace tiempo dejé de lado la amargura y el cinismo, por mi propia salud mental. No siento que nada bueno pueda salir de eso y prefiero centrarme en otros aspectos. Pero es una decisión personal mía y entiendo que es fácil para mi ser neutro ya que vivo en un pais que no fue "ocupado pacíficamente".

La gente empieza con "Historia del ojo" de Georges Bataille. Pero es literatura erótica, básicamente, asi que yo preferí dejarla para el final. Yo empezaría leyendo "El Erotismo" que es un libro de filosofía propiamente dicho. Es denso por momentos, pero creo que es el más didáctico. De momento estoy leyendo (por séptima vez creo) su "Teoría de la Religión", pero no te lo recomiendo porque es un libro imposible. Me costó horrores entenderlo e ir desenvolviendo sus significados.
    "El Erotismo" es muy a la Nietzsche. Asique como veo que conoces su obra no creo que te de problemas (siendo que Nietzsche a veces es tremendamente denso y cuesta sacarle lo que tiene para decir)

"El nacimiento de la tragedia" fue lo que más te gustó de Nietzsche?
    Yo disfruto de sus aforismos, aprendió eso de Schopenhauer. Que tambien tiene increíbles libros de aforismos.