1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Ejaculation is Energetically Expensive

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by HealingBodyandMind, Mar 23, 2023.

1. Akt1

Akt1 Fapstronaut

IVe read this quote in some places, i dont know the exact source:

"Forty meals make a drop of blood, 40 drops of blood make a drop of bone marrow, 40 drops of bone marrow make a drop of semen, the elixir of life, Veda, 1500 bc"

2. Akt1

Akt1 Fapstronaut

Its hinduism:
    "
    Each stage mentioned above takes an approximate of 5 days for its completion, thus taking 30 days or 1 month to form semen. Moreover, in each stage there occurs 40 (forty times) condensation or purification. Due to these reasons, it is considered highly precious body fluid. It is also mentioned that semen attributes to physical beauty, physical strength, and mental strength (intelligence and memory).

The semen gives rise to valor and courageousness, makes a man amorously disposed towards the female sex, increases his strength and amativeness. It is the sole impregnating principle in the male organism and is possessed of the virtue of being quickly emitted."

https://medium.com/sexography/semen-preservation-to-spirituality-a-hindu-culture-142bc4ee43d8

3. HealingBodyandMind

HealingBodyandMind Fapstronaut

I've read a similar quote to that as well, yea from a Hindu source. Yea there is some truth to it, idk how accurate the science is to that quote, but it feels like semen is a very important substance, because when it is lost from the body, we feel so different

4. Akt1

Akt1 Fapstronaut

A medical thesis about it:

"India is a country of many religions and ancient cultures. Indian culture is largely directed by the Vedic culture since time immemorial. Later Indian culture is influenced by Buddhism, Islam, and Christianity. Indian belief system carries the footprints of these cultures. Every culture describes human behaviors and an interpretation of each human behavior is largely influenced by the core cultural belief system. Sexuality is an important domain which is colored by different cultural colors. Like other cultures, Indian culture believes “semen” as the precious body fluid which needs to be preserved. Most Indian beliefs consider loss of semen as a threat to the individual. Ancient Indian literature present semen loss as a negative health related event. Dhat syndrome (related to semen loss) is a culture-bound syndrome seen in the natives of Indian subcontinent. This article gathers the Indian concepts related to semen loss. It also outlines belief systems behind problems of Dhat syndrome."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4279296/

starsandsuns and 500 like this.
  5. Akt1

Akt1 Fapstronaut

This is how masturbation was described in the 18th century:

"Disturbances of the stomach and digestion, loss of appetite or ravenous hunger, vomiting, nausea, weakening of the organs of breathing, coughing, hoarseness, paralysis, weakening of the organ of generation to the point of impotence, lack of libido, back pain, disorders of the eye and ear, total diminution of bodily powers, paleness, thinness, pimples on the face, decline of intellectual powers, loss of memory, attacks of rage, madness, idiocy, epilepsy, fever and finally suicide."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_masturbation

500 likes this.
  6. Icewarrior

Icewarrior Fapstronaut

Sex has been called “making love” for a reason.
    Sex between two people who are seeking SELF-satisfaction is lust by default. Sex between two loving people, who are present in the act, who have the intention of giving, not taking is an act of love.
    Sex as lust strengthens selfishness. Sex as love dissolves selfishness. I suggest you do some more research on transmutation.

Akt1 likes this.
  7. The worst is over

The worst is over Fapstronaut

Yes it has been called that, which is why you think it’s true. How often do people mistake lust and infatuation for love? I should now trust they knew what they were talking about when they described sex as making love? Love making is also just another soft way to say sex. A politically correct way of referring to it. Like I literally just heard Steve Harvey say on family feud.

Giving, as in giving pleasure? You mean the same pleasure that will ultimately take away from you if done improperly or abused? If your girlfriend makes you o out of love, she actually only takes away from you. The only way for sex to be a true act of giving, is if you give her your seed, and she in return gives you a baby. Otherwise it is simply to satisfy each other’s you guessed it, lust. And just because you both are giving and receiving doesn’t mean it’s void of the intent to satisfy yourself. Btw have you ever put these theories into practice? Or is this just how you think it works?

8. Icewarrior

Icewarrior Fapstronaut

I most certainly have put these “theories “ into practice.
    How about challenging yourself and experimenting with them? Here are the “requirements “:
    1) You are in (or are looking to be in) a loving relationship.
    2) When both of you are ready to make love you bring your attention fully into the present moment.
    3) When any lustful thoughts arise, once again bring your attention back. Have the intention of giving to your partner, not taking for your own pleasure.
    4) Maintain this intention and presence throughout the lovemaking.
    5) Do not orgasm.

Now let’s address the question of “pleasure.” It all comes down to the QUALITY of the pleasure. When we give then we can experience the pleasure of giving and in turn, receiving. When we are selfishly interested only in our own pleasure, taking or lust in other words, then we experience that quality of pleasure. It’s the same sexual energy, however there is a big difference in quality.

I have experienced the “pleasure” of pmo and lustful sex. I have also experienced the pleasure of lovemaking. There is a chasm between these two experiences, both during and after the act. Lust aligns our will with devolution. Love does the opposite. Lust is selfish. Love isn’t. Lust does not have the ability to transmute sexual energy. Love does. The sexual act is not just about reproduction or enjoying “pleasure.”

Akt1 and 500 like this.
  9. HealingBodyandMind

HealingBodyandMind Fapstronaut

So you have successfully done sex without orgasm before?

I have thought about this theoretically, but feel like I wouldn’t be able to do it in real life, that I would crave the orgasm too much, but then this would exhaust me…

So is it pretty hard to do? To have sex without the O?

10. The worst is over

Your vagueness regarding this makes me pretty skeptical of your claims. If you've experienced it then why are you sparing us the details? Ok if its not about reproduction or pleasure then whats the point of it exactly?
    That's a sure way to kill an erection.

11. Icewarrior

Icewarrior Fapstronaut

I’ve been very clear what it’s about - transmutation of sexual energy, aligning our will with the selflessness of love instead of the selfishness of lust.

In regards to your comment about “killing an erection” that only holds true when you equate sex with lust. I have laid out some clear steps on how to make love instead of lust. It’s up to you whether you try them out or not.

12. Icewarrior

Icewarrior Fapstronaut

Yes, it is not easy to overcome years of enjoying orgasm, of attachment to it, however with practice we can wean ourselves off of it. Then we start to realize it’s not such a big deal.

500 likes this.
  13. The worst is over

No, you’ve not been clear at all when I just asked about your personal experience. All you said was “I have.”

14. The worst is over

Sexual arousal requires lust. No one gets an erection thinking about how much they love their grandma.

15. Icewarrior

Icewarrior Fapstronaut

Well. that's your opinion.

16. Icewarrior

Icewarrior Fapstronaut

I repeat, sexual arousal requires lust if you equate sex with lust. Love for your Grandma is not the same as love for your wife/partner - that is beyond obvious.
    Anyways, as I said before, I have laid out the steps on how to make love without lusting. Instead of continually disputing almost everything I say, why don't you try out those steps and find out for yourself?

Akt1 likes this.
  17. The worst is over

That’s my opinion? You are continually avoiding it. Tell us more about your experience. Was this with a girlfriend, a wife?

18. The worst is over

The same can be said for romantic love. No one gets an erection thinking about how much they love their girlfriend. Unless of course, they are mistaking love for lust! Do you consider thinking about how hot your girlfriend looks naked to be about love? Cuz that’s usually how sexy time starts.

19. Icewarrior

Icewarrior Fapstronaut

My wife.

20. Icewarrior

Icewarrior Fapstronaut

We could go on like this until kingdom come. The practice has been given. Sayonara!