1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Emotional Cycles of spouse

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by Phoenixteerz1, Jul 28, 2021.

1. I never said that. No one else did either. Just because there are moments of unhappiness doesn't mean that someone likes/wants to be in a situation where they're just absolutely miserable all the time. As @Psalm27:1my light tried to point out to you, there are particular times when you might not be as happy as possible, but there are other times that more than make up for the unhappy moments. That's the way it goes when you have relationships and connections with people that aren't just shallow, expendable, and only self-serving. Most people get a sense of fulfillment by considering others' happiness and well-being along with their own. Perhaps that's why you are having so much difficulty understanding what we're saying.

2. SequinHistory

SequinHistory Fapstronaut

I choose to ‘ignore’ your comments as I find them quite toxic, but I feel like you’ve revealed some of your vulnerability here. Most emotionally immature people (myself included) deal with conflict in one of two ways: fight or flight. I, like you, have been cutting off friendships and relationships and soon as things get tough for my whole life. This is because you are letting fear dominate. Showing vulnerability is being a real man- throwing your toys out of the pram or running away from home are the behaviours of a child. Putting it in your terms, until you “man up” and face problems head on rather than bailing, you will live a very unfulfilled life and you will only be able to maintain shallow relationships.

Don’t bother replying if you are going to be defensive- that will just prove my point. All the best.

Starchild5x likes this.
  3. Rehab101

Rehab101 Fapstronaut

Of course you cut off bad relationship when they are bad. If it's a few time things no biggie. If it's continuous torment like for a year, it's time for action. Parents made kids upset at time because kids don't get their way. Totally normal but overall sum should be good. Of course kids made u upset at time because they can be messy and leave mess behind. Overall, it's to distinguish what relationship is toxic IN THE LONG RUN.

4. Starchild5x

Starchild5x Fapstronaut

I agree what crappy advice! Don't tell her anything,she's blowing it out of proportion! Jesus he should try been the SO its the most hurtful thing a partner can go through and the constant lies,deciet and & general down playing of the situation makes it way worse