1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Empezar de nuevo.

For Fapstronauts of the Catholic Christian Faith

1. @Keli praying for you.

I read your status: Necesito dejar de pensar en tener una pareja o alguien q me quiera .

I would say pray for the grace to think about the one, really two, who love you; Jesus and Mary.

Of course us here, your brothers and sisters in Christ, love you too!

Don’t lose heart!

Keli and Leon_GTO like this.
  2. Keli

Keli Fapstronaut

Muchas gracias amigo Por tu mensaje y cariño.. gracias por tus palabras .
    Estuve 10 días de viaje. Volví ayer y ya volvieron las ganas de caer..

Leon_GTO likes this.
  3. Keli

Keli Fapstronaut

Día 4.
    Casi increíble en estos días de tantas caídas..
    Estuve jugando casi toda la tarde con la tentación. Pero me resisti a caer...
    De todos modos no debí jugar con la tentación.. debo cortar de raíz .

4. Hola Keli. Es verdad, debemos cortar de raíz. Me alegro de que no hayas caído. ¡Ánimo y adelante!

Leon_GTO, Ketherlonk and Keli like this.
  5. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

Good to hear, Kelli. The only day that counts is today. Keep praying.

6. I know you deal with loneliness Keli and that a lack of relationship makes this pain even harder to bear. As a single adult Catholic male, I have found myself faced with the same loneliness, and at times I get tempted with the idea that being single means I’m a failure in the eyes of my peers/parents and in the eyes of God. That temptation though is from the devil, since our Holy Faith teaches us that unmarried souls are not worthless or repugnant to Jesus; in fact on the contrary our Faith teaches that our single situation gives us a unique opportunity to give ourselves even more to God. In a way we’re being called to live a life that proclaims “Christ is sufficient”, but this comes with the test of faith where Christ asks us “Do you believe I am?”

I think the devil tempts you so much because he knows once the belief that Christ is enough for you takes root in your heart, you will find such peace of soul that it will be a transforming experience in your life.

In my own experience I have been finding the rosary to be of the biggest help in this journey of surrender to Christ, since our blessed Mother is the Queen of surrendering souls. As someone who deals with trust issues from past abuse, she’s given me the infant Jesus to hold. The surrender and vulnerability in the infant Jesus disarms my distrust and helps me desire union with such a God who loves me so much He willed to come to us in the form of an infant and who became wholly dependent on our protection. It’s even more amazing that He’s willed to go even further in the Eucharist.

Maybe this can help you too? Periodically throughout your day, imagine yourself holding the infant Jesus. Talk to Him. Tell Him your troubles. Tell Him your Hopes. Hold Him close and tell Him sorry for any past things that weigh on your mind and heart. Ask Him to stay with you. Ask Him to heal wounds of past friendships or relationships. Ask Him for the grace to have this thought of Him in your arms when the devil try’s to tempt you to exchange the infant Jesus for a momentary pleasure.

Imagine holding the infant Jesus while saying this surrender prayer:

Surrender Prayer

God, my Father, I thank you for all that you are, and all that you do for me through your son Jesus Christ. I praise you for my life, for your mercy and for your Eucharist. In Jesus’ name, Father, I place myself entirely in your Heart. I surrender to you my whole self, my heart, my mind, my memory, my imagination, my will, my emotions, my passions, my body, my sexuality, my desire for human approval, my weaknesses, my desires, my sins.

I surrender every person in my life to you.
    I surrender every situation in my life to you. I surrender every relationship I am in to you.
    I surrender every concern I have to you.
    I surrender every fear I have to you.
    I surrender every doubt I have to you.
    I surrender all confusion I have to you.
    I surrender all sadness I am experiencing in my heart to you.
    I surrender all my wounds to you.
    I surrender all anxiety and worry I have to you.
    I surrender all that deceives me in my heart to you.

I trust you to care for me and others in a perfectly loving way.

As I have emptied myself, and surrendered everything to you, I ask you now, Father, to fill me with your Holy Spirit and all the gifts and fruits of your Spirit.

Holy Spirit you are the source of love, hope, joy, peace, patience, goodness, gentleness, tenderness, faithfulness, humility, and self-control. Purify my desires.

Help me to open my heart to you. Help me to become perfectly receptive as a pure child. Help me to believe in your love for me. Help me to hope in your love. Help me to receive from the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus all grace and virtues necessary for me to become the person you created me to be. I ask this in the Name of Jesus Christ, Your son, God Almighty Father.

O Most Holy Immaculate Virgin Mary. I entrust this prayer to your Heart, and ask you to press it to your wounded heart and intercede for me to your Son Jesus. Please help me to be as you are, a perfect disciple, an obedient servant, a true child of God. Amen.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2023
    born3, Leon_GTO, Mara43 and 2 others like this.
  7. Keli

Keli Fapstronaut

Muchas gracias a todos por sus palabras..
    Gracias por tus consejos y tan linda oración @Auggie .. voy a re leer y hacer la oración más veces .

Infelizmente tuve un mal día y caí .

Problemas con mi mamá y problemas con el coche q compré. Que son aprovechadores..
    Estaba bastante tentada y después de una discusión con mi mamá ya caí .

Ketherlonk and Leon_GTO like this.
  8. I’m sorry to hear about your fall and the issues with your car. My last car was what they call a “lemon” and pretty much blew-up a month after I bought it.

Not trying to offend, but I’ve noticed your parents seem to come up usually prior to your fall. I’m sure there are plenty of cultural difference between our two countries, but is there something that keeps you wedded to them? Like are they sick or housebound and need you as a caretaker?

Leon_GTO and Ketherlonk like this.
  9. Keli

Keli Fapstronaut

No . Simplemente porque aún no me ha casado y es cultural. Sigo aquí. Definitivamente ya debería salir de casa.. pero no puedo ahora mismo.

10. Lo lamento.
    Cuando te sientas tentada, ponte a orar y ven un rato al foro a escribir para distraerte.
    Cuando las cosas vayan mal, intenta refugiarte en Dios y no en M. Si puedes, ve y visita al Santísimo. Se trata de aprender nuevas formas de reaccionar ante las dificultades.
    Ánimo y no te rindas. Un abrazo

Leon_GTO, Ketherlonk and Keli like this.
  11. Keli

Keli Fapstronaut

Que boba soy a veces..
    Quería ir a caminar antes de ir a misa y pregunté a mi mamá si iba ir a misa conmigo..
    Cómo anda enojada pensé q no iría. Pero le pregunté .
    Y me responde . Si puedo subirme en tu auto . Así con sarcasmo y maldad..

Pero esa respuesta ya implica que debo esperarla y llevarla y ya no puedo ir a caminar .. ya que de allí ya iría a misa porque es cerca.. no me da tiempo de volver a casa y llegar a misa después..

Debí de haber ido simplemente.. es tan agradable salir a caminar con la brisa de la mañana .
    Pero bueno . Al menos ayer pude escaparme y hacer eso .

12. Keli

Keli Fapstronaut

Tienes razón .
    Gracias por tus palabras..
    Necesito aprender a responder de forma diferente cuando me sienta enojada o mal.
    No se porque me cuesta tanto .
    Tenía tanto q hacer pero tenía tantas ganas de caer q no podía concentrarme

13. Al menos van a ir a misa juntas, ojalá eso ayude a reconciliar :)
    No es fácil cambiar y a veces nos autoengañamos y nos saboteamos. Pero vale la pena intentarlo
    Te entiendo. Me pasó en mi última recaída que casi no podía dejar de pensar en M y por estar en eso dejé de hacer cosas que tenía qué hacer :-(

Keli, Ketherlonk and Leon_GTO like this.
  14. I would say if you’re going to live with your parents then setting up some boundaries would be best; This helps you define clear lines and keeps others, even parents, from taking advantage of you. Take for example going to Mass; It sounds like your parents aren’t sick, disabled, or housebound so it’s not your responsibility to get them to Mass, take them to Mass, or even offer to take them to Mass; They’re adults and can take themselves to Mass and they will find a way to Mass if it’s important to them. This means if a morning walk prior to Mass will help you mentally and physically, then you should take that walk.

Keli and Ketherlonk like this.
  15. Keli

Keli Fapstronaut

Sii . Lamentablemente es así. Ojalá fuera más fácil .

Ketherlonk and Mara43 like this.
  16. Keli

Keli Fapstronaut

Sii. Tienes toda la razón.
    Creo q yo los malcrio un poco.
    Tengo q aprender a poner limites..
    Gracias por el consejo

Ketherlonk and Auggie like this.
  17. Sí...
    No es fácil, pero sí es posible. Sigamos intentando.
    Yo estoy con tentaciones desde ayer, vienen y se van. A ratos pienso en ceder, pero no, no lo haré, ya no quiero estar atrapada en eso, solo me hago daño y ofendo a Dios y no vale la pena. Espero seguir firme en mi decisión

Keli, Auggie and Ketherlonk like this.
  18. Keli

Keli Fapstronaut

Mucho ánimo .
    Espero hayas logrado superar .

Yo infelizmente caí .
    Estuve resistiendo pero al final de la tarde caí..

19. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

Kelli, I recall times when you made 14 and 21 days. What did you do then that you cannot do now?

Auggie, Mara43 and Keli like this.
  20. Keli

Keli Fapstronaut

buena pregunta amigo..
    No lo se .
    No se qué está pasando conmigo.