1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Empezar de nuevo.

For Fapstronauts of the Catholic Christian Faith

1. Keli

Keli Fapstronaut

Graciass por tus consejos @Gallade_Templar .. si.. creo que debo dejar de hablar con él

Gallade_Templar likes this.
  2. Keli

Keli Fapstronaut

Dia 12..
    Pasé el dia de las madres, este dia que me estaba dejando ansiosa..
    El viaje en general fue bueno. Pero desde las 4 de la mañana hubo momentos que me dejaron mas claro que no me gusta viajar en familia..
    La impaciencia y mal humor de siempre de mi papá queriendo que nos preparemos super rápido, siendo que es un viaje de solo 3 horas, mi mamá es mas lenta y él con su cara de enojado...
    Las pequeñas discusiones en el camino.
    El querer dar órdenes a mi mamá como tipico machista y mamá no obedeciendo crea un clima pesado..
    Mi hermana también queriendo dar ordenes o riéndose de mi por cualquier cosa..
    Pero quitando eso fue bonito el viaje.. me aclaró que por salud mental es mejor quedar sola en casa y que ellos viajen... solo viajar con ellos en casos especiales como dia de las madres o las fiestas de fin de año quizas..
    A veces hay que hacer pequeñas renuncias o sacrificios..
    Pero saber poner límites.. creo.

3. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

I had a great conversation with our parish priest recently. Somehow the subject happened upon marriage and I stated that Christ was an equal partner in all Catholic marriages. Our priest agreed and went on to say that when choosing a partner, people must ask themselves if their choice will help build their faith and devotion to God or not? I admitted that I was far too young and too smitten to ask such a question when I got married but fortunately (probably at the behest of my devout parents), God was looking out for me.

Gallade_Templar, Keli and Ketherlonk like this.
  4. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

Good job with the sacrifice! God notices these things.

Gallade_Templar, Keli and Ketherlonk like this.
  5. Keli

Keli Fapstronaut

Dia 0
    Esta tarde volvi a caer..
    Estoy inmensamente agradecida con las personas que me apoyan aqui y siento decepcionarlos y no ser buen ejemplo..
    Igual fue una buena racha.. espero mantenerme mas firme esta vez y que mi racha sea mas limpia que la anterior en la q tuve pequeños deslices que al final llevaron a esta caida..
    Si ya no sigo cayendo hoy ya es un gran logro..

Ketherlonk and Gallade_Templar like this.
  6. ¿Cómo te fue? ¿Cómo estás ahora? No tienes que preocuparte por nos decepcionar o no ser buen ejemplo. No te vamos a juzgar o pensarte mal. No podemos; somos igualmente pecadores. ¡Fortalécete!

Tienes razon que hemos de evitar esos pequeños deslices, porque se añaden a una gran desliz. Por ser honesto con nosotros mismo y con otros, incluso y especialmente con Dios, tendremos éxito.

Ketherlonk and Keli like this.
  7. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

I am deeply humbled when I consider the excruciatingly slow process which brought me to the point I am at today. I don't suggest that Our Lord wants others to be as slow to finding freedom from this sin as I was but I can see that a certain amount of failure along the way was necessary for me and so it is likely to be for others. Underlying my failures was a keen sense of pride in myself. It took a long time for this to be eroded away, so that I might fully come to rely on Our Lord. Ultimately, it was one very ugly day of sin that opened my eyes to the level I had sunk to. At the same time, it took a very long time for me to change my prayer routine from a sporadic perfunctory one to a faithful daily routine of real fervent prayer from my heart.

Let no one despair of breaking free from the chains of this sin. We are all meant to enjoy such freedom but Our Lord knows there are things within us that need change and improvement, sometimes through humbling falls. All He asks is that we not give up.

May these words of St. Benedict help us: "Vade retro Satana! Nunquam suade mihi vana! Sunt mala quae libas. Ipse venena bibas! (Begone Satan! Never tempt me with your vanities! What you offer me is evil. Drink the poison yourself!)"

8. Keli

Keli Fapstronaut

Muchas gracias @Gallade_Templar .. estoy mejor ahora, solo un poco molesta conmigo misma.
    Si.. debo cortar de raiz cualquier tipo de pensamientos impuros...

9. Keli

Keli Fapstronaut

Creo que esto necesito mejorar aun.. aunque voy al Santísimo y a misa no se si lo hago bien y de corazón..
    Gracias por tus palabras y la oración..

10. Keli

Keli Fapstronaut

Dia 1
    Hoy queria compartir mi felicidad..
    Intenté ir a confesarme cerca del trabajo pero la secretaria me dijo que el padre ya no estaba.. entonces envié un mensaje de WhatsApp al padre que sabe mi problema y con el que me confieso con mas frecuencia.. pero no estaba conectado.
    La verdad es que él era mi segunda opción porque apenas viernes me habia confesado con él..
    Entonces fui a la parroquia donde suelo ir a misa, pero rara vez hay confesión antes de misa, y hoy tampoco habia.. no quise quedar en la misa si no iba comulgar, fui a comprar algo para comer y cuando ya iba volver a casa, pensando que mañana tendria que dejar de ir a hacer ejercicios si quería confesarme e ir a misa..
    Entonces decidí ir al colegio donde esta mi padre confesor , el que no recibió mi mensaje de WhatsApp, una de las consagradas me dijo que estaba en una charla en el salón, le pedi que preguntará si podia atenderme un rato...
    Se fue, y un rato después vino el Padre, me dió mucha vergüenza molestarlo y le pedi disculpas.. pero me confesó, me dió la bendición, me abrazó y me dijo: Dios te Ama mucho.. como 3 veces..
    Fue tan hermoso y me senti tan bien y feliz.

11. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

Keli, I am sure that God hears each and every one of your prayers. I think the barrier in understanding His reply is our readiness to receive his messages. It is hard to hear God's replies to our prayers if we are seeking a selfish outcome for ourselves.

I suppose in my case, I had a selfish desire to quit PMO so I could tick a box on the questionnaire for eligibility for heaven. It is only since I came to desire a clean heart to love God more dearly that I have found freedom from PMO and had my eyes opened to other sinful ways of mine. I am sure that God doesn't change His plans to suit a selfish request, it is our role to learn to accept and appreciate His will out of love and trust in Him.

12. Keli

Keli Fapstronaut

Gracias @CPilot . Espero que me pase lo mismo, también deseo un corazón puro y aprender a amar... aprender a ser feliz con Dios y conmigo misma y descubrir su voluntad para mi vida....

13. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

I am sure if one truly desires a clean heart, they can obtain it. It seems my heart is being cleansed incrementally. Removing PMO from my life opened my eyes to other things which were polluting my heart and mind, like pride and anger. Fortunately, God is capable of anything and I believe that even my soiled heart can be cleaned by Him. So it must be, the first step in obtaining a clean heart is learning to desire it and flee from desires that soil it.

Gallade_Templar, Ketherlonk and Keli like this.
  14. Ketherlonk

Ketherlonk Fapstronaut

So glad that you have a good and kind priest to confess to! Love is what overcomes evil.

Keli likes this.
  15. Ketherlonk

Ketherlonk Fapstronaut

Hmm, that is definitely how I think about things. Never thought of it as a selfish desire... but in a sense I guess it is... it's the spiritual analog of the high-school "I just want to pass the exam" mentality vs "I absolutely love this subject and can't wait to learn more".

CPilot, Gallade_Templar and Keli like this.
  16. Keli

Keli Fapstronaut

Si es una bendición en mi vida..
    Es una imagen que me refleja el amor paternal de Dios... cosa que a veces necesito tanto..
    A veces solo necesito alguien que me comprenda y me de atención..

17. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

Please let me note that we are each walking this road/climbing this mountain, in the right and in the same direction. Together we are striving to know God's peace by finding freedom from this sin. We help each other along the way with insights and encouragement. Isn't it an incredible privilege to know that we have been chosen from the millions, perhaps billions, who are yet to see a reason to quit this sin. It is also a privilege to walk along side each of you. Thank you one and all for your encouragement and your insights. May God bless each of us today.

18. Keli

Keli Fapstronaut

Muchas gracias a ti @CPilot . Realmente es un privilegio y una bendición conocer a tantas buenas personas aqui y recibir tantos mensajes de animo...

ella tiene 4..
    Pero hoy tuve un leve y rapido desliz solo en M.. por un pequeño enojo, lei algo que no debia, fue muy rapido buscar ese placer .
    debo cortar tentaciones de raiz y saber manejar mis emociones..

Hoy lei algo que ya habia leido antes.. ; cuando eres adicto ya es difícil encontrar placer y alegria en otras cosas de la vida, hasta que no desjes esta maldita adicción..

19. He experimentado lo que dices sobre la dificultad de encontrar placer y alegría afuera de la adicción. Cuando estoy cerca de caer, en medio de las tentaciones me pregunto cuál placer falto o cúal placer inocente puedo buscar para cumplir ese deseo. Comer unas dulces, aunque por lo general no lo hago, es mucho mejor que caer en PMO.

20. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

It seems to me that you both are doing the right things. You are praying. You are seeking wisdom and seeking God. You are receiving the sacraments. We are humans with flaws and weaknesses as well as strengths and talents. It is hard to accept but we are all working on God's time frame and His time is not ours. As long as we don't stop striving, God will help us progress to the next plateau as we climb the mountain albeit in His time. It is not prideful to recognize your efforts even if they haven't yet brought all you hope to achieve. You are doing good work, congratulate yourselves on what you doing and keep striving. God has great things in store for you both. I am praying for you both, please pray for me.

swazzy1, Ketherlonk and Keli like this.