1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Empty Purgatory

For Fapstronauts of the Catholic Christian Faith

1. The Holy Souls in Purgatory are always in need of our prayers and works of mercy. It can be easy to forget about this when bombarded with the daily concerns of life.

With that said, I found a holy card with a great prayer that can be said on Fridays which will release 5 souls from Purgatory and 33 on Good Friday.

The Prayer:

I adore you, O glorious Cross, which was adorned with the Heart and Body of my Saviour Jesus Christ, stained and covered with blood. I adore you, O Holy Cross, out of love for Him, Jesus, who is my Saviour and my God.
    ———————

Pope Pius IX declared that by reciting this prayer 5 times on Friday, we release 5 souls from Purgatory and we release 33 souls by reciting it on Good Friday! This prayer should be recited before a crucifix, with a contrite heart and praying a few moments for the Pope.

IMG_0070.jpeg

Mara43, born3 and CPilot like this.
  2. There is a prayer given to St. Gertrude, I think, to release 1000 souls every time! I've it in Spanish, I'll search it in English and post here.

3. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

Yes, please do!

Mara43 likes this.
  4. Here it is:

Eternal Father, I offer You the Most Precious Blood of Your Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said throughout the world today, for all the Holy Souls in Purgatory, for sinners everywhere, for sinners in the universal church, those in my own home and within my family. Amen
    https://www.simplycatholic.com/prayer-revealed-to-st-gertrude/

Last edited: May 30, 2023
  5. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

Thank you very much!

Mara43 likes this.
  6. Mts209

Mts209 Fapstronaut

@Mara43 Thank you! @Eremite thank you!

I shall copy both prayers and add to my prayer list.

Eremite likes this.
  7. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

Eremite? Mara? Haven't heard from you lately. You OK?