1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Enter the Fozzy

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by fozzy619, Nov 15, 2013.

1. fozzy619

fozzy619 New Fapstronaut

Hello everyone!

My names is Fozzy, I'm 21 years old and I'm addicted to PMO. I've also had difficulty with video games and binge eating. I discovered NoFap on Reddit a few months ago and I haven't made it passed 20 days, which I achieved in September 2013.

As you can guess I am in a pretty miserable position right now; no friends*, never had a girlfriend, social anxiety and over-thinking every situation, I'm definitely an underachiever, and my physical and mental health have suffered because of these factors. I excel at quitting early at things that I could have been good at, such as soccer, physics and art. I'm also entirely aware of the emotions that I'm masking with PMO and that I will have to accept these emotions, and then learn to adapt and overcome them if I am to get any benefit from pursuing NoFap.

A little bit more about myself. I've just started computer science at college, and as you can guess I haven't gotten of to the greatest start. I'm not studying, or working enough on my coursework, and I'm not engaging in lectures. All I've been doing is sitting in my apartment binge-fapping / binge-eating and watching movies / browsing YouTube, and then feeling angry and sorry for myself.

I know what it is I have to do to change my life, but I just haven't given 100% or learned from any mistakes I've made in previous streaks. I'm constantly falling in to the 'pleasure trap'. Therefore I have signed up to this forum, and I intend to start a daily(or weekly) journal to keep myself accountable, and to get some feedback and learn from other users journals (I might also mirror my journal on to the 'your brain rebalanced' forum).

I hope that this is the start of something good.

Fozzy

P.S. I'm currently on day 1 of my current streak and I'll start my journal some time tonight once I figure out how to use this forum correctly.

*Everybody I know is really friendly with me and I to them, but I don't hang out or socialize with anyone really, it's just me and my computer lol. I get the impression that people think I'm just a really nice guy who wants to be left alone.

2. aaron92

aaron92 Fapstronaut

Hello and welcome to the forum. I've had (and still have) some problems similar to yours. Have you got yourself an accountability partner?

3. fozzy619

fozzy619 New Fapstronaut

Thank you muchly! And no, I do not have an accountability partner.