1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Every success makes me feel worse about myself

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by SDJR, Oct 24, 2022.

1. SDJR

SDJR Fapstronaut

I don't know what it is ...
    Everytime I succeed at something it gives me unbelievable anxiety.
    Like the next failure is around the corner. Like im a loser who got lucky, but eventually I'll have to pay the piper. It's a tough way to live. Your mind is constantly in conflict with itself.
    I don't know how to get out of this loop
    I don't know why I think I don't deserve success

2. Rhythym

Rhythym Fapstronaut

You definitely deserve the success that you have built for yourself.

A good way of helping re-evaluating your successes and goals is to "get out of your head".

Taking a walk through a park without a phone, music, or anything but my clothes and shoes is a good way I find of slowing down my thinking and helping me align my goals and mindset to the next step.

Find what works for you!

SDJR likes this.
  3. SDJR

SDJR Fapstronaut

Yes I notice I'm in a better mood without a phone... As I type this out on my phone lol

4. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

This sounds like something you could explore in therapy. If you do not have any additional issues it may only take a few sessions, although that is just a guess of course.

5. SDJR

SDJR Fapstronaut

Ive done therapy... You feel good after you vent but that's about it. Tbh I believe they don't really want you to get better so you have to keep going

6. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I cannot disagree. I have not been helped after even intensive therapy. But I try not to let my personal experience stop me from mentioning it as an option to others. It seems to help some. Maybe it is about the competence of the therapist. Idk...

SDJR likes this.
  7. Rhythym

Rhythym Fapstronaut

I always worried about therapy helping me out, but the major thing I have always found about therapy is that they cannot guide you through the process of what is on your mind 100%. They can only give you the knowledge and advice that they have to process it yourself.

A bit of a personal experience, I was agitated and reactively angry with my family over the constant arguing and yelling that was happening that I kept internalizing most of my problems. I was sent to therapy for helping with anger management, but I found I never had any of my problems solved until I began finding proper ways to apply the advice that was given to me. Granted, it isn't perfect, but it has helped me handle my anger, depression and has even brought me a more optimistic view on matters.

I don't know if this advice will help you out on figuring out a new perspective to the problems, but I do wish you well and the best on your journey!

SDJR likes this.
  8. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

That is terrific! I am really glad you have got so much out of it. :)
    Thanks buddy. Best wishes.

Rhythym likes this.
  9. SDJR

SDJR Fapstronaut

A therapist once told me that he found me "interesting" to work with.
    I feel mostly profoundly unhappy with life. It's difficult for me to find enjoyment..I imagine that's a lot to handle for a therapist.
    Some people go in for specific phobias about things and what not.
    There's many layers to deal with and sometimes it can take years to make any kind of progress. If at all