1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Evolution

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, May 14, 2017.

Tags:
  1. That is the theory, true enough. But I believe God's explanation that he created different living things according to their kind. He did not create a few basic beings that could evolve over aeons of time into altogether something different.

2. Headspace

Headspace Fapstronaut

From what I understood life on earth doesn't just adapt to the environment, but is made to evolve. With every procreation there are genetic mutations occurring. It's like nature is actively trying out all the possibilities that are there. (This is going deeper than what Charles Darwin said, but it's what evolutionary biologists believe nowadays.)

3. FFS - what a stupid response! Doh, of course we weren't there. :rolleyes: But you can read all about it in John chapter 11, some of which I have summarised. You were not there when those people claimed to have an out of body experience, go to heaven and return. Yet, you are willing to believe them and not the inspired Word of God. You better look at your faith young man!

4. People have gone into very good detail about their experience in heaven.

5. Star Lord

Star Lord Fapstronaut

I wish I wasn't such a skeptical fart.
    I want to believe both sides. But can't believe one or the other because again I'm too damn skeptical.

6. I don't give a flying fuck about their details. I respect the detailed eyewitness accounts in the Gospels in God's own Word.

7. Star Lord

Star Lord Fapstronaut

How can you trust text in a book though?
    I'm curious because I've never been able to believe something that has yet nothing more than text evidence.
    I also can't trust people word either. They may just be lies afterall.

8. You're a Christian and you're throwing around expletives like this. I believe them. They have no reason to lie and there are so many accounts.

9. I believe the Word of God. You must believe what God wrote in His Book.

10. Don't even try to lecture me about Christianity when you probably haven't even read the whole bible! Just don't! :mad:

11. Star Lord

Star Lord Fapstronaut

Isn't it blind belief though?
    Like how can I or someone in general believe something with no doubt in the belief.

To me I always doubt belief until I see it with my own eyes, it's a real pain because sometimes I just want to have a solid answer in my head.

Headspace likes this.
  12. Star Lord

Star Lord Fapstronaut

Lol IGY easy fellow Brit.
    Aaron has a strong stance on swearing. Though he will hopefully agree it makes him try to stop others swearing, isn't it Aaron.

13. Good question (I suggest for another day, because there is much to discuss in exploring the evidence of it's authorship).

Star Lord likes this.
  14. Yeah and I have a strong stance on hypocritical bullshitters!

Star Lord likes this.
  15. Star Lord

Star Lord Fapstronaut

IGY :eek::rolleyes:

16. Headspace

Headspace Fapstronaut

It's not like there are only the two options "Genesis" or "Evolution". Try to open yourself for stuff which lies inbetween and which respects both views. Too few people do that because of all this "science vs. religion" BS. May be Teilhard de Chardin could be an interesting lecture for you. I must admit I haven't read his stuff myself yet, though. It's on my list.

Star Lord likes this.
  17. Themadfapper

Themadfapper Fapstronaut

First time for everything, but so do I. About the adaptions thing, not the creation.

18. I have to disagree with you @Headspace. It IS "Genesis" or "Evolution". As I said earlier, God created everything according to it's kind. This explains the so-called "missing links".

19. Well Alex Malarkey found it quite easy to make up his story. I remember when the story broke for the first time because I use to work for a Christian wholesaler and when my boss heard the news he got some of my colleagues to rip up his books and throw them away.

You can read about it here:
    http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...tracts-story-best-selling-book-is-pulled.html

Personally I don't trust people who say they've been to heaven.