1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Evolve ~Squeaky Soul's Workout Journal

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Squeaky Soul, Feb 22, 2015.

1. Squeaky Soul

Squeaky Soul Fapstronaut

Slowly making more progress in my workouts.

The only thing I've noticed is that upper body and core can progress much more faster than my legs. My legs haven't made any progress with more repitions... and it's been a month of training.

Any thoughts?????? IJ don't know if a lot of people actually read this, but advice would help.

~SS

2. Roger Sterling

Roger Sterling Fapstronaut

How much do you weigh now? Have you gained weight/stayed the same/lost weight since you've started?
    I've been lifting for over 4 years now and I've read countless articles and watched countless videos regarding both nutrition and fitness.

3. Squeaky Soul

Squeaky Soul Fapstronaut

I weigh about 175 now I'm guessing. My scale broke.

My family and friends have told me, even without me bringing it up, that I look bigger and more defined.

~SS

4. Roger Sterling

Roger Sterling Fapstronaut

If you're happy only gaining 6 pounds in 5 months then power to you my friend but if you're serious about actually getting "huge" you probably aren't eating enough.
    Good work though man! Sounds like you've made progress!

5. Squeaky Soul

Squeaky Soul Fapstronaut

About a week after I started this journal my friend commited suicide. I've only been working out and dieting (eating a meal every two-three hours) for 5 weeks now.

After my friend died I started stress eating, binging, and not working out. I lost my belly flab, and now have a four pack while flexing.

6. Kenji

Kenji Guest

I want to pick your brain a bit if you don't mind, not sure what I will find with a username like that haha lmao jk or am I?

Anyways, may I ask what the value is in getting "huge", for the sake of simply being overly muscular?

I lift myself, well more like all around strength train like a warbeast (weights, gymnastic strength conditioning, and Navy SEAL oriented bodyweight training) for the sake of being indomitable to my enemies (I train Chinese martial arts, also consider myself a peaceful warrior but formidable if the situation calls for it), so anytime I can gain insight into the philosophy of a lifter I try to do just that, most muscleheads I see in the gym have ego complexes and lift solely for the sake of mass, as if it somehow makes their life complete.

Also, very interesting article right here,

http://www.thediscerningbrute.com/2015/07/14/mr-universe-goes-vegan/

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2015
  7. Squeaky Soul

Squeaky Soul Fapstronaut

I want to be muscular to be attractive and to be strong and undefeatable in a fight. Those are my main reasons. In fact, the only reason I started working out and dieting was for my first love who dumped me a few weeks ago... I'm still going strong!

I have had a lot of sickness with my gut, and I don't know why... diarrhea and constipation mainly, so my progress hasn't been all that good being that I am avoiding dairy products and had to take a day or two off.

I was at my friend's pool yesterday and he complimented me on how much I've grown, but he said I look out of proportion with a small chest, and bigger arms, and bigger legs. The problem I see, is that I haven't been doing enough push ups. I have been doing some, but not enough. So, I have been adding one push up routine a week.

I was doing too many pull ups, not enough pushups!

~SS

Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
    Kenji likes this.
  8. Kenji

Kenji Guest

Hey kid you made me break my weekend internet diet but I want to respond to this will disconnect after this post,

Ain't nothin wrong with wanting to build muscle, I was just making you aware, as shitforbrains seemed to be subtly and perhaps unintentionally glorifying getting "huge", I mean muscle is healthy, feelin good about your physique is awesome, but getting huge...I mean brawn aint everything kid have some brains and heart too. Too many dudes go down the path of bodybuilding just for the sake of muscle and end up knowing no peace or satisfaction, they turn into overgrown meatheads essentially and neglect to cultivate their hearts.

I wanna see you turn into a great person, inside and out.

9. Squeaky Soul

Squeaky Soul Fapstronaut

Don't worry, I will! I am just tired of being skinny, and want to feel more confident with my body. And like I also said, want to be physically strong.

~$$

Kenji likes this.
  10. Kenji

Kenji Guest

I'm not worried, I've seen you and read your journal on the forum a long time ago, before it even changed to XenForo.

I can see the potential you got in your heart and soul bro.

Train on dude :D,

11. Squeaky Soul

Squeaky Soul Fapstronaut

Alright people,

Today I did 300 push ups:
    100 diamond push ups,
    100 wide push ups,
    100 regular push ups.

I want to build up my chest more. My torso is overshadowed by my large arms and large legs.

Can I get some honest opinions about my physique and body measurements?:

I am pretty lean.

Height: 75" (6'3" feet tall)
    Weight: Approx 175 pounds

(all of my measurements are taken flexed, measured around the largest part of the muscle, and if I'm measuring shoulders, chest, or abs and lower back, I am completely exhaled)

*Forearms > 11.25"
    *Biceps > 13.5"
    *Shoulders > 46"
    *Neck > 15"
    *Chest > 37.5"
    *Abs (basically circumference of abs and lower back) > 31"
    *Glutes > 40"
    *Thigh > 22.25"
    *Calves > 14.5"

What do you think?

~Squeaky Soul

12. Kenji

Kenji Guest

I don't measure, or else I'd certainly advise you on those numbers.

Personally I'm not into that school of thought. I follow the old ways, the ways of Sparta and the warbeasts of yore, keep at it bro. Patience, dedication, and consistency!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2015
  13. Squeaky Soul

Squeaky Soul Fapstronaut

It's okay bro. I need a little bit of the whole inner peace thing. I've noticed lately I've felt really insecure around my close friends, and I don't know why. It's not the place to talk about it here, but I'd appreciate some private messages sent to me so I can talk about it :)

Yeah bro... vegan body builders... have you heard of that vegan bodybuilder on youtube, Vegan Gains? He's kind of a pain in the ass, but I do agree to some degree that body building while vegan, in our time is possible if you eat a shit ton of lentils, beans, whole foods, soy, etc. Something unachievable if not for the abundance and variety of vegetables and fruits available to modern people. And for someone who has been at weight lifting for a while, he's not that huge. He always says something along the lines of, "No, you don't need protein to build muscle. Protein isn't that necessary for building muscle. You'll build muscle just as long as you eat enough whole fruits and veggies........"

You know, you are what you eat. Muscle IS protein, so it makes sense to eat foods high in protein, such as MEAT, EGGS, an DAIRY!

~SS

14. Squeaky Soul

Squeaky Soul Fapstronaut

Hello Everyone,

Today I did my first full body workout using the MadBarz calisthenics app. It was called, "Full Body 7R." The Full Body 7R contains 4 cycles, containing 8 knee raises, 3 pull ups, 12 squats, 12 push ups, 2 pike presses w/ elevated feet, 12 calf raises, and 12 close grip chin ups in each cycle

Full Body 7R:

*32 Knee raises,
    *12 Pull ups,
    *48 Squats,
    *48 Push ups,
    *8 Pike Presses,
    *48 Calf raises,
    *12 Close grip chin ups.

Does this look good? I spent a total of 1 hour and 13 minutes on this workout routine. 70 seconds in between sets, and 120 seconds in between cycles.

P.S. I got weighed the other day, and after about 6 weeks of working out, I went from 172 pounds, to 180 pounds. What do you guys think of this?

~Soul

15. Squeaky Soul

Squeaky Soul Fapstronaut

So, last night I did my own full body workout:

200 pushups,
    64 leg lifts,
    64 sit ups,
    & 55 squats.

Does this look good? I feel like I go to failure on the muscle groups I trained with the exercises above.

Does anybody read this journal? Hahaha.

-$$

16. IGY

IGY Guest

Hi mate. I do, but I tend to look at it briefly, sorry. :(

I do not understand a lot of the things you talk about here and I have osteoarthritis in my knees, so I cannot do it. :mad:

It all looks very impressive and I am guessing you are looking pretty impressive yourself with all this working out, hahaha! :p

I hope you have had some guidance from a qualified trainer as you may get conflicting advice on this thread. Anyway, good job! ;)

17. Squeaky Soul

Squeaky Soul Fapstronaut

I've been continuing my exercises. Haven't stopped since I first started for my now ex-gf.

I am only focusing on my calves and chest, as they are the most under-developed muscle groups. I get compliments from people that don't see me often, that I look different, I am filling out more, and look bigger.

So, one day I will do about 200 push-ups, next day 200 calf raises, and repeat, breaking on the weekends. As for diet, around 3,500 calories a day, 170 grams of protein give or take, and adequite amount of carbs and fats to go along with the high amount of protein. I've also been eating a lot of fruits and vegetables (getting half my protein from plant based foods).

Is 3,500 calories enough?

~SS

18. quickpint

quickpint Fapstronaut

Hey man, sounds like you're making some awesome progress.
    I'm going to start exercising more no I'm doing nofap. I need somewhere to channel all my extra pent up energy, but want to get in better shape too.
    I go climbing, and have got into that more frequently since I broke up with my ex-gf, and I'd like to do some training to help me improve my climbing. I think getting into a regime of exercising before bed will really help.
    The number of reps you are doing now seems really out of reach for me at the moment, but the stuff in your first few posts seems more achievable for me.
    I guess I've got to start somewhere!
    Good luck and keep on at it!

19. Nouvel Homme

Nouvel Homme Fapstronaut

Sounds like your cramming the food down man, lol. 3500kcal sounds insane!

How does it feel seeing that sixpack shit coming through? I reckon since NoFap my stomach is becoming more and more defined, exciting times, right?

Good work on packing on them 8lbs.

20. Squeaky Soul

Squeaky Soul Fapstronaut

After my surgery I lost about ten pounds... I know weigh around 169 pounds.

I lost a lot of fat, so that's fine, but I also lost a lot of muscle. My wisdom teeth were removed, so I could onlyeat and drink soft and cold things. I am also lactose intolerant, so I couldn't drink milk. The combination of lack of movement recovering, and low protein intake resulted in some muscle loss.

I just started working out two days ago, after 2 weeks of dormancy. I feel week and sore, but I realize, I didn't lose that much muscle, and after this 2 week "vacation" I know what I have to do, and will do them differently!

Whoop whoop! Here's to all the muscle gains!

Cheers!

~Squeaky Soul