1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Excessive need to masturbate

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by JakeFromSafeFarm, Nov 29, 2020.

1. JakeFromSafeFarm

JakeFromSafeFarm New Fapstronaut

I’ve been having problems recently where I feel the need to masturbate at least 3 times daily. It’s getting in the way of my social life and activities and I’ve tried to stop but can only manage to go a day before I pick up my habits again. Any ideas on how to restrict/distract myself? I don’t plan to give up masturbation entirely, but I at least hope to lower my sex drive since it is becoming quite problematic at the moment.

2. What's changed in your life to cause the increased compulsive need, do you think?

3. JakeFromSafeFarm

JakeFromSafeFarm New Fapstronaut

Probably the fact that I’m less socially active and I stay home all day everyday due to the pandemic. In that same vein I see my girlfriend a lot less now due to the fact that she still lives with family and doesn’t want to get covid. And with the extra amount of time on my hands, I would use masturbation as an escape from boredom, but now I get the need to masturbate even while I’m not on my free time. It gets in the way of things and my relationship (my girlfriend has a much lower sex drive than I do) and I just want to stop that habit before it gets even more destructive of my daily life.

Chris_Cactusblossom likes this.
  4. For me, moderation and M don't really mix. Going cold turkey till you manage to re-engage socially will definitely help if you try it out. Even a couple of weeks will make a difference. If you explained things to your girlfriend, would she understand and make more of an effort, or would she be indifferent or judgemental? Because if it's the latter, or if you don't feel comfortable telling her, maybe you need to rethink that particular relationship?

JakeFromSafeFarm likes this.