1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Exercise / Fitness Journal

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Bingles, May 7, 2023.

1. Bingles

Bingles Fapstronaut

It's been around 5 years since I last did exercise, so I was around 11. I've always struggled with it due to anxiety problems. But I want to get back into a routine to help build discipline and confidence. Gonna use this as my journal. Any tips? :>

2. sohardrn

sohardrn Fapstronaut

Personal tip: join a martial arts group, you’ll love it. You’ll love the people. You’ll get decently fit. You’ll build confidence, discipline, and willpower all of which transfer over to here. Avoid being competitive with your peers. Focus on just learning the martial art, the virtues taught by it, and the just showing up 2-3 times a week. That’s enough.

otherwise, 2days upper body at the gym a week, 2days lower body

natsukashii75 likes this.
  3. Bingles

Bingles Fapstronaut

How do I join a martial arts group? I've never had any experience before.

4. t0b1

t0b1 Fapstronaut

It depends on where you live, look up if there are any martial arts classes/clubs/whatever in your area. I would start with a google search, then you can also ask around if that doesn't help.

5. sohardrn

sohardrn Fapstronaut

It’s super easy to join, but it might cost you.

You’re 16, so if you have a license and your parents are willing to pay for it, it’d be great for you and would help your NoFap journey too when it comes to discipline and becoming more healthy and fit and happy in general. Just google “Jujutsu near me” or “Tae Kwon Do near me” with your zipcode.

If the places near you are too expensive, I highly recommend working out.

Check if the the apartment complex or housing community you live in has a gym, they all have weights (in the form of barbells or dumbells) and treadmills most of the time.

If there’s not one in walking distance, I just got a pull up bar. You can find one Amazon which you can get for $20 and put in virtually any doorway. Once you have that you can start doing daily bodyweight circuits and routines.

Remember if you do any of this, it’s essential to take 2-3 rest days a week, get 8 hours of sleep, and eat food with protein (meat, eggs, or protein shake) after you workout. You will NEED it.

That’s what makes fitness such a keystone habit. It forces you to pickup a bunch of other healthy habits in proximity almost outta necessity. I recommend it to everyone, it’ll change your whole damn life.

6. Bingles

Bingles Fapstronaut

There's a couple in town, might try and contact them in the Summer. Cheers.

Karate seems fun, might try that. Wing Chun I've heard is extremely difficult. The closest gym to me is 20 minutes away but I dislike the environment most public gyms have. Probably gonna stick to home workouts and get some gym equipment if possible. Started doing 40 pushups a day and I feel a lot better than I was before. Cheers for the advice. :>

sohardrn likes this.
  7. sohardrn

sohardrn Fapstronaut

No worries!!

If you want a challenge you should look up those intro Calisthenics videos. They’ve got pushup variations that work different muscles. (Ex. Diamond pushups, Clap Pushups)

40 pushups a day is great! Don’t forget to take at least one rest day a week. Know that when you do, not only are you allowing your muscle fibers to heal and regrow so they can come back stronger, but know that you damn well earned that rest day!!