1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Exercise to keep the mind busy

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by ScottPryor, Oct 16, 2022.

1. ScottPryor

ScottPryor New Fapstronaut

Heyo,

I recently reached a mile stone of being free from pmo for about 2 months. Unfortunately I just messed up. I was having crazy craving that are extremely inappropriate and they wouldn't go away.

I wish i had turned to excise to burn off the cravings instead of giving in.

I wanted to know if other people found that exercise helps them fight their cravings?

2. holyjourney

holyjourney Fapstronaut

for sure it does. If you wear yourself out with tiring workout, little energy and time is left.
    i think we need to come up with a mechanism
    e.g if we have a small urge (small enough that it is controllable), we immediately should do something e.g 10 pushups..It would drastically shift the focus and energy
    if we keep repeating this on small urges, even with big urges it would happen the same, our body first response would be to do the pushups (as a habit) and maybe it would distract us from focusing on the urge

Vicit_fidem likes this.
  3. The mind influences the body (eg wrong thoughts >> acting out), but vice versa is also true: the body affects the mind.
    Like holyjourney said, we can train our bodies to habitually respond in a proper way when urges come. Thank God for neuroplasticity