1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Extreme fatigue

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by SDJR, Sep 10, 2022.

1. SDJR

SDJR Fapstronaut

Today I had a day off. I went to the gym in the morning (half hour or cardio) did some quick grocery shopping. Then laid down. Took a nap. And continued to lay down. I tried listening to music. Didn't get the energy for it. I don't even have the energy to watch tv. I simply lay down and stare at the ceiling. I feel like a cat. This is a terrible way to live life.

2. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

For sure. But adequate rest, both sleep and waking relaxation, are important too. I frequently 'waste' my days off doing nothing because i am basically constantly sleep deprived. It would be better to get consistently enough sleep every night and establish a long term routine that gives me what i need every day, but sadly that doesnt fit into my lifestyle right now (toddler father). My sleep hygiene in general could use some work tho.

Are you new to the gym or just starting out? Starting or increasing your workouts will tire you out big time.

Are you getting enough sleep generally? Are you suffering from anxiety or stress? Or depression? Is your diet poor, or have you made any big changes to it recently? Do you wake tired or refreshed in the mornings? Have you tried actually sleeping during a daytime nap, is it possible and do you wake up refreshed or worse than before?
    Do you usually do nothing on days off? Do you feel more stimulated if you spend a day with others rather than alone? How about in a different place? Or if you were doing something you really enjoy?

Brain-Police likes this.
  3. SDJR

SDJR Fapstronaut

Been to the gym consistently since things started reopening where I'm from.
    I believe that's February?
    I fall asleep very easily for the most part.
    I feel depressed and anxious most of the time lol
    I eat a classic body builders diet right now of chicken and rice 5 times a day. Chicken with peanut butter on my last meal.
    I've woken up tire almost all my life..I can count on one hand how many times I woke up feeling refreshed.
    I try and nap for 20-40 minutes (sometimes that helps Marginally)
    I actually find I got a better sleep if I had a few drinks the night before.
    I dread my work... I think most of my issues are mental