1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Extreme need of love

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by NeedingHelp, Nov 26, 2019.

1. NeedingHelp

NeedingHelp Fapstronaut

Greetings. I'm a 14yo male. I'm recovering from what I think is HOCD, but still, I have a problem: I haven't liked anybody in the past 3 months, when a small romance of mine ended.

I'm quite sad and my need for love is increasing every day. I started to miss exes (haven't dated a lot, only 2 times) of mine even though the relationships weren't good (and the first one was terrible for me).

I am not sure this belongs here, but here goes my question: how can I be less dependable of having someone to love? I understand that loving someone that loves you is very good, but I don't want to depend on that to be happy.

I also don't like the idea of being with a girl just because. What I'm feeling now is the necessity of really liking somebody.

2. lolos

lolos Fapstronaut

Keep in mind bro love is just a feeling, it doesn't meen anything super special. I loved the sunset yesterday. I love skateboarding. I loved hitting a pr in the gym the other week. It doesn't mean I want to be with the sunset for the rest of my life. Your also hitting puberty so you will be having a lot of thoughts about chicks.

To be less dependable on having someone to love or to be loved you have to do shit on your own that you enjoy. If you are sitting at home all day doing boring shit of course you are going to be obsessed with thinking about love. But if you are going out doing dope shit that you enjoy, like studying hard, hanging out with your mates, playing sports, learning new hobbies, you will be to busy to think about love.

Imagine you have a bunch of good friends, say 6 or 7. If one of them is moving away, you might be a bit sad, you will miss them from time to time, but you still have 6 other good friends you can hang out with. You should do the same with love. In my life, I love studying, I love my friends, I love going to the gym, I love reading, I love guitar, I love going to the gym, I love skateboarding. Getting a girl is just adding one more thing to the list. It's no big deal. If I break my leg and can't skateboard for a few months, I have plenty of other things I can do that I love. Same thing if I lose a girl, I have plenty of things I can do that I love.

3. Do you know how you can cover the desire to be loved?
    Loving!

Go out, find friends, find a hobby you enjoy.
    Don't stay watching TV day after day, or videogames and PC.

try to be different!

The one love you dream of, that love will come after you'll learn how to love.
    And it all starts with God and you - learn how to love God first, love your self (No PMO is a good start) and love others of course.

You are young - there is a time for everything under the sun :)

Love you bro,
    God bless you!