1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Eye contact.

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Deleted Account, Nov 17, 2017.

1. Hey guys and girls,
    Lately I've been interested in this girl I go to school with. But the one problem I have is eye contact from across the room. A couple of times I've caught her looking at me, but the moment I realise this my eyes nervously dart away. If I'm the one looking and she looks back I look away too. It's so hard for me to maintain eye contact in this way, let alone smiling. I think I simply lack self confidence. I don't know this girl very well (I've never had a full on conversation with her). Any tips on how to overcome this eye contact anxiety?

Lopez760 likes this.
  2. It will continue to be awkward until you break the ice with her. Take the leap!

Al123 and Knighthawk like this.
  3. TheBigBadWolf

TheBigBadWolf Fapstronaut

Don't worry to much about this. Just focus on keeping the eye contact when girls look at you until they look away first. As far as smiling don't force it, if you feel good smile if you don't just relax and realize it's no big deal. I recommend talking to this girl and trying to flirt with her in order to see if she likes you or not. If she seems interested in you and reacts positively when you flirt then its a sure fire sign she likes you. If it seems like shes not really into it or she isn't smiling then walk away and move on. You got this dude!

-TheBigBadWolf

Hitto and Al123 like this.
  4. The key to eye contact is slow-motion. If you remember this you can instantly draw her in and project confidence at the same time. Practice moving your head slowly and averting your gaze even slower. You don't want to stare but you want to make it known you are in fact looking directly at her. (a full 1 to 2 seconds is optimal, its actually quite a long time.)

Confident men move slower than others if you pay attention, they are sure of themselves. If you watch a group of guys sitting around an executive conference room table the CEO or any high-level executive hardly move their head or their gaze. They take their time.

5. Thanks guys for the advice and support! It's really hard to get to talk to her because she's in completely different classes and she's also in a different year group (so she has different friends to everyone in my group). :(
    Thanks for this, I'll try it out on Monday :)

Deleted Account likes this.
  6. I want to be up to date with your story xD wish you GL

Al123 likes this.
  7. Thanks mate, I'll most likely post about it in my journal. Thanks for putting the emergency checklist in your signature too! :)

Deleted Account likes this.
  8. Np buddy

Al123 likes this.
  9. The Wrestler

The Wrestler Fapstronaut

When you do go in to talk to her, and I would recommend that you do - it'll save you so much kicking yourself later, introduce yourself ("Hey, I'm ____, I realise I don't know your name.") and ask an opinion question. "What did you think of..." or "What do you think of..." They're good questions.
    And if she has a completely different friend group and mostly different classes, seems a fairly low-risk intro to me.

Al123 likes this.
  10. Thanks for the tips! I added her on social networking a few weeks ago so there's already a little bit of familiarity which is good

11. Just go up to her and start talking to her.

Al123 likes this.
  12. I disagree. You should look into someones eyes long enough to notice the colour of their eyes and then focus on other areas of their face. Keeping eye contact until she looks away will probably freak her out. I should also add this should happen when you actually talk to her.

Al123 likes this.
  13. I mean it's really hard to talk to her, we share no lessons whatsoever, I only see her occasionally around and about so I'm trying to start a little eye contact. But I leave school next year; it's very likely nothing will happen with me and her but I'll try

14. Just do it - Nike

Gotham Outlaw and Al123 like this.
  15. TheBigBadWolf

If a girl is making eye contact with you, and you immediately look away it will send her signs of nervousness, insecurity, etc. If she is looking at you then you should smile and continue to look back at her to show you are comfortable with the situation. It's only freaky if you just blank stare at her the whole time.

-TheBigBadWolf

16. I don't think you need to make eye contact for so long, and you're not looking away when look at other areas of her face.

17. One thing I noticed about eye contact, I have a tendency to not be able to focus on both eyes when the girl is close.

I usually focus on their left iris, you can see it expand, it's kinda cool. It also doesn't look weird, because even though you may feel like you don't appear to be looking dead on, you actually are.

Try it in a mirror, focus on one eye. Just make sure no one's watching.

A fun experiment you can try is making eye contact with girls as they are walking by. For me, they usually maintain contact, or they look away quickly.

I would say forget about smiling, it'll make you look weak. I would practice emitting a warm but powerful gaze, with a calm expression. The same expression CEOs have. Smiling implies you need some kind of gratification. Convey with your gaze that you need nothing, you have everything, and you aren't afraid to show it.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2017
    Al123 likes this.
  18. Great advice sir! I'll try it when I'm in the same room as her. As I've said before I don't see her very often but when I do I'll tell you guys how it went!

19. Some eye contact is good. Forced eye contact or over the top eye contact is a bit silly. Try to stay open and natural with it. Good luck whatever you decide to do regarding this.

Al123 likes this.
  20. TheBigBadWolf

How is a girl supposed to tell you aren't staring at her when you are analyzing other parts of her face?