1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

F Friends?

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Deleted Account, Nov 28, 2022.

1. Yes the title is right but now in the sexual manor. But seriously should I say Fuck friends while recovering?

I'd just like to first say that I am struggling to make friends, its hard... I really don't have any genuine friends except my Girlfriend and my buddy that is three hours away, all my past buds have basically fled the state... Or have not bothered to contact me anymore. It sucks.

When I was younger I had a group of friends, people from work resonated towards me without me doing anything. It was like I was initially just liked.. Now it's almost if I'm invisible online and real life.

Is it worth it having a circle? If I could.. I'd go back and tell my younger early 20 self to not loose contact with those great people.. But honestly shit happens.

2. You say that your friend have not contacted you, but is there any reason you can not reach out to the friends?

Pauley likes this.
  3. To put it this way.. I contact them but I get little to no responses. I comment on their profile posts and yet I'm just ignored and they comment on someone else they are friends with on that same post. I feel like a ghost some times..

4. UpyetDown

UpyetDown Fapstronaut

Maybe you outgrew them
    You may have just grown apart. I have some friends from highschool I could pick up with but I'm just not at that place in life. I honestly think the best of, well, a certain one. I just know it would involve time and energy I don't have. A person would think they could respond to a comment... I am of the mind to usually respond to those I get. Everyone forgets at times. Also, because I did not invest at a certain point again I think I missed that chance. Friendships are often messy. Stay strong and maybe try once more if you think it may be worth it and then try some local people.

5. I think it's just the way it is as you go through life.

The way I look at it is like this. Try to understand that I am kind of apathetic when it comes to people. A lot of people would also say I'm a total moron.

But when you went to school was when you met these friends, right? You didn't say, "I'm going to this school because THESE STUDENTS are there."

You all just ended up there at the same time. That time has ended and you are in a new place. Just as you and they made the best of those days at the school, high school, college or other place, now do the same and make the best of your time in this place with these other people.

Some of them are going to be ok, some will be awful people that make you chuck in your mouth a little bit at the thought of them, and others will be great people. You run with the winners and cut the losers.

But the one way to be happy now is to accept it as it is, and if you have contacted them and they didn't respond, it's time to let it go. If you keep trying, it's a source of pain and resentment.

Anyway, everybody is a beginner in life, every day. It's a big world full of mysteries and adventures. It's ok to be out there and try. If they don't take you, keep moving, someone else is going to. Fear is your main enemy.

Buddhabro2.0 and UpyetDown like this.