1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Facing very real/scary consequences

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. Nantz

Nantz Fapstronaut

So i am of a faith that places lots of pressure for its young men to serve as a missionaries. Which is fine for me because ive always wanted and been willing to do so. The issue is that I have to solve my problem with PMO before i can go which is understandble. Whats causing my stress is that my missionary service will last two years and i can only differ my college acceptance and scholarships for up to three. So basically my addiction to PMO is making me run out of time for valuable opportunities... Quitting PMO is hard enouph and i would think that this extra pressure would help me quit but in reality its just making me more stressed. I would like advice but not about religion or college, rather about how to calm down and make sure im handling my addiction correctly and how to face my problem. Thanks

2. Hey man I had to overcome PMO for my mission. I served a worthy mission that changed my life forever. Thought I was done with this addiction... nope. Still fighting. I will always have to fight this, it will never go away. Get help. Immerse yourself in service and family history. FIGHT!!! Do not be passive. We are agents to act! Repent, get help, serve, study, fill your life with worthwhile activities. The scriptures always talk about avoiding evil in the first place. Once we are in the hands of the Adversary it is very difficult to resist. Lock down your phone. Lock down your internet. Get a partner to hold you accountable. Exercise like crazy. Turn that sexual energy into muscles and righteous virtue.

Serving a mission was the best thing I have ever done with my life. If there is ANYTHING I can do to help you please let me know. I can be there to help as an accountability partner (I need one too) offer advice on how to prep, etc. You can do this. NEver forget the power of the Atonment, and that God loves you no matter what.

Nantz likes this.
  3. The Wrestler

The Wrestler Fapstronaut

Mormon?
    Why do you needs-must "solve your problem with PMO" before you go?

Nantz likes this.
  4. Nantz

Nantz Fapstronaut

Yup Im mormon. The reason is that LDS (mormon)members are supposed to hold themselves to certain standards and in this case it is the Law of chastity which deals with sexual purity. Especially those who are representing the church such as missionaries should be able to meet these standards. We dont have to be perfect of course but i can understand why i need get hold of any sort of addiction before serving a two year mission. Even if its just for my own conscience. I hope that answers your question and thanks for taking the time to reply to my post.

jimmyjoejackson likes this.
  5. Nantz

Nantz Fapstronaut

Hey man thanks so much! I was really surprised to see another member who can relate, so i really appreciate you taking the time to reply to my post. Ive talked with my bishop several times which is cool because the thought of telling anyone used to scare me to death but now im embracing being honest and candid. I am making progress but sometimes i lack faith that i can actually overcome this for good. I want the problem to just go away when in reality it will take time. Thanks again man!