1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Facts about yourself :)

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Feb 8, 2019.

1. As the title suggests, i thought it would be interesting if we posted some facts about ourselelves. They can be as wacky or simple as you want. Ill start with a few..

I prefer baths over showers (i get a lot of grief about that one lol)

Im a big Elvis fan, especially from the 68 comeback on

As a kid i used to have a recurring nightmare about the dark riders in lord of the rings

Edgar Allen Poe is my favorite author

2. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

I prefer mexican food over Chinese food

I thought shutter island was better than inception

My favorite movie of all time is the Shawshank redemption

My favorite singer is Billy Joel

3. I agree, shutter island is one of my favorite movies

Billy joel is the man

• Got both my Commercial pilot and Commercial Flight Instructor ratings at the age of 21
    • One afternoon during my lifeguarding days I had to save two active drowning victims in less than 30 seconds.
    • My great great uncle used to jam with Louis Armstrong in New Orleans with his 1924 Silver Bell plectrum banjo. Almost 100 years later, I now own that banjo
    • I've had two scary wildlife encounters. 1) I came across a black bear while hiking in the woods, and 2) I stepped on a sleeping rattlesnake while on an evening hike through the desert. 0/10 would not recommend either

4. drac16

drac16 Fapstronaut

• I like fart/bathroom humor
    • I love poutine
    • I like to talk to my cats (even though they probably have no idea what I'm saying)
    • I play with my beard all the time

5. I work on 737's. Before that I worked on MD-80's. Before that I worked on P-3 Orions in the US Navy.

Before that I was a dumb ass kid in high school.

CLaYFiRC, HumanHive, RealMe and 4 others like this.
  6. Marik757

Marik757 Fapstronaut

Great thread idea. Would make conversation topics when talk about self.

I'm an short guy 5' 3," but like to make jokes about it "I'm space effiecient!" (Dont use around people who are weight conscious...)

I like my steaks medium-rare.

I was born in raised in Japan until 12 years on an American base. Then moved to States. Didnt properly study Japanese at the time so I consider myself an weeb.

Was an personal trainer when I served in U.S. Air Force for 4 years.

Beetlejuice is my favorite movie of all time.

I grew up during the age of Hey Arnold, Doug, All that!, Rocko's modern life, rug rats.

I tried to change my report card grade once as an kid and never again. I tried to change an F to an B with an matching colored pen but screwed up. Then my sister presented her perfect A's. Parents questioned my grades... then next day parents visited my teacher while in class and got my arse whooped in front of everyone lol....

CLaYFiRC, Espi1971, spaces and 6 others like this.
  7. I'm the most conservative member of this forum.

I own a big, big, big, big, big, big sandpit in the Kingdom of Eswatini.

I live in a massive mansion that is situated at the bottom of the River Thames.

One of my best friends is the leader of Illuminati and together we control the world.

I once got beaten up by Superman for dating his cousin.

A number of my posts in the off-topic section are insincere and dishonest.

8. You're just lucky it wasnt me ;)

J1mz11 and brilliantidiot like this.
  9. - I'm a published novel author (I know, right? Shocker)
    - my favorite band is Panic! At the Disco, although I also love most kinds of music, and am particularly fond of acapella
    - I've probably been to Disneyland over 15 times in my life. No longer need a map, its basically a second home.
    - my favorite TV show is Doctor Who
    - I make YouTube videos about books and writing
    - I love minimalism, environmentalism, zero waste living, and tiny houses
    - I'm a libertarian, Christian, and 100% pro-life
    - I have a massive crush on Lex Luthor from Smallville
    - my husband and I watch Funhaus videos on YouTube every night before bed
    - I like working out and staying fit
    - I've owned my own cleaning business since January of 2015
    - I love dark humor, and my favorite comedian is Louis CK (although John Mulaney is a very close second)
    - I'm terrified of the idea of being pregnant, and not too keen on the idea of being a mom in general although I would be more open to the idea of adopting
    - Growing up, I had a cat (mixed but mostly siamese), a cock-a-poo, a pomeranian, a Siberian husky, and a goldfish named Princess Consuela Banana Hammock
    - I quote The Office pretty much every day of my life

That's all the random nonsense that came to mind at the moment. Lol

10. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

11. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

• i also bath......because i dont have a shower :p
    • i can write with my both hands........i do all daily chorus with my left hand except writing
    • i am a graduate in civil engineering.......and also unemployed :(
    • i have never smoked.........never drink any kind of alcohol
    • my favorite sports are badminton and football........
    • i dont know how to swim
    • i have acrophobia........and a bit of hydrophobia
    • and my role models are nikole tesla and shah rukh khan
    • i was obsessed with the popular anime death note.........i used to think about it a lot.......then i realized i should stop listening to its background score....and avoiding it at every aspect...........even now its been 6 months......since i saw it on youtube.......even i was thinking not to mention it here........

12. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

How extraordinary!

I have never smoked (it is rare for me to drink alcohol)
    My favourite sport to play was badminton
    I don't know how to swim
    I have a bit of hydrophobia (e.g. I cannot tolerate running water on my face)

13. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

My hydrophobia is quite mild......water flowing in River intimidates me......also I am scared of deep swimming pools....

14. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Yes, I have both of those effects. The face thing I have is the most intense and if it happens I go into full panic attack mode, hyperventilating, thrashing about etc. I have no idea where this comes from. My mother said there were no incidents with water when I was a little boy. I was petrified of swimming lessons at school. I used to do anything to get out of them.

15. I am somewhat afraid of certain types of water as well. Deep water, like the ocean or lakes bother me sometimes.

16. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

Ok......when I was around 8 years old......we went to a water park....
    There I was using rubber tube.......so by mistake my upper body got inside water and my legs were in the air......it was comical and quite scary......
    Then my father saved me......
    That is one risky moment ....
    Having said that..... I am still open to learning swimming......

boichy, J1mz11, White Sheep and 2 others like this.
  17. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

Yeah....ocean is the scariest....
    It is said that around 97% of ocean is still unexplored......so there can be various scary species

18. Most of them will be dead by now, and most will die later on. Pollution will wipe them before we can explore.

u376 likes this.
  19. Good responses guys, this is getting interesting. Here are a few more for me.

Im from Michigan, but i lived in Florida for one year when i was 14

Ive moved houses 11 times in my recollection with another 4 that i dont remember

Fall is easily my favorite season

I was obssessed with the lord of the rings when i was younger and even now i can quote a good portion ofthe movies from memory

I know a lot about greek mythology

I unknowingly swam in a shark mating ground during mating season...dont worry, i survived ;)