1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Family Problems

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Such Small Hands, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Such Small Hands

Such Small Hands Fapstronaut

*been posting like crazy cuz I relapsed and I'm sick of myself

Family Problems

Anyone else feel disassociation from family bcuz of this addiction? Like, I'm still living with family, and it's pretty much a full house, and I love them all dearly, but I can't bring myself to admit this problem to them. So, there's this secret I'm holding back and it sours my time with them. Like I'm betraying them. No, I'm DEFINITELY betraying them and that hurts.

I want to heal and confessing my sins to them might help but that's terrifying. My darkness terrifies me and it will terrify them. Disgusts me, will disgust them. I don't know. I love them so much.

I don't want to hurt them, too. They've - and many others - a particular vision of Who I Am, as a person. I for sure keep a public persona that's at odds with who I am in private, even with family. I hate that I do it but I do it. Unfortunately.

I just want things to be better. The road to that destination is hard. I don't want to do it alone, which is why I'm here, but should my family bear this burden too? God forbid.

I'm sorry. I'm just tired and ashamed.

2. Pati_ryu

Pati_ryu Fapstronaut

Relax man p or m or o whatever your so called sin is it will be rather awkward or funny in opinion to tell them. You are just emotionally drained. Do nofap and you will feel better about yourself. You feel yourself convicted that that's what it takes. the problem Is created by you. you misuse your organs and technology.just stop doing it.how take your mind elsewhere.have a goal??persue it.but start easy mode.you will be proud of you. don't just don't start this mind exercises or another short term plan.just follow something.yes begin your journey. leave the burden of your sins habit guilt memory at the doormat or just throw it away.now you are not a fapper man you are a man on his mission.dont do random things ..it will be not that helpful.
    Hope that helps

3. TheProcedure

TheProcedure Fapstronaut

did you ever tell them since this post?

4. Such Small Hands

I haven't. Way too difficult.

TheProcedure likes this.
  5. Trevelyan357

Trevelyan357 Fapstronaut

Why do you feel the need to tell them? Making a confession just for the sake of it isn't always the best idea. Have you directly abused someone in your family?

It is great that you want to open up to people about this, but not everyone deserves to have this knowledge (family included). In SAA, Step 8 involves making amends to people you have harmed. The exception is if doing so would cause more harm (to them or yourself).

Just because they are family doesn't mean they have to know everything about you.

JMO

6. Such Small Hands

Thank you. I've got a lot of shame about my behavior when it comes to family - I've been mean and nasty, at times, but I wouldn't characterize anything as abuse. I guess I have a fantasy of things unraveling - in a good way - the moment I get this off my chest to those closest to me. But I realize that it's a delusion and would only make things more complicated - at least for my situation. I can start making amends to those I've harmed without burdening them with my own guilt about a particular struggle in my life, I guess!

7. Well if you have a normal understanding family then letting them know your having a problem is easy and releases a huge burden , but If you family is negative and always bringing up the past and critical maybe a good friend or therapist would be better. its tough keeping secrets you have to find someone to open up to in person that you trust to release these burdens its OK to feel afraid in the process its called being human.