Famous one day

Discussion in 'NoFap Technical Support and Feedback' started by Just Pray, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Just Pray

Just Pray Fapstronaut

Is there a NoFap Hall of Fame?

Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
  2. taqwa

taqwa Fapstronaut

We should create a thread. Let the forum agree on what those criteria should be. Great idea!

Just Pray likes this.
  3. Just Pray

Just Pray Fapstronaut

How can we just do that?

4. taqwa

taqwa Fapstronaut

I am not sure. Consulting Igy, Septimus, Nobrainer, Alex, etc. to see what those criteria might be. I think it is cool idea. It certainly would be very motivating to be part of the NoFap hall of fame.

Just Pray likes this.
  5. Just Pray

Just Pray Fapstronaut

6. taqwa

taqwa Fapstronaut

Good start. Go for it.

Just Pray likes this.
  7. We're planning on holding a "Community Spotlight" (name TBD) soon for NoFap News, a newsletter that will be going out every week, which will be featuring distinguished members of the community. Is this kind-of what you're thinking about?

What would the criteria be? Rebooting days? Symptoms healed? Posts? Likes? Something more subjective? I just want to be sure not to alienate people or put people down who aren't "performing well" at rebooting. We're all in this together. I see myself as just another Fapstronaut and human being, not as some sort of person above anybody else, despite that I don't jack off.

iborntobefree and Just Pray like this.
  8. Septimus

Septimus Fapstronaut

I dunno; let me think about it.

Just Pray likes this.
  9. Septimus

Septimus Fapstronaut

Besides; I'm just five months' sober.

Just Pray likes this.
  10. NoBrainer

NoBrainer Distinguished Fapstronaut

I am not in favour of a 'hall of fame'. There is enough squandering over who's got how many/ this many likes or posts as it is. If you're looking for inspiration, this can be found in the success story section.

11. IGY

IGY Guest

I don't qualify - I just blew it this week. :rolleyes:

I am against hierarchy anyway (like hairs of the son) or what they are attempting in the Muslim thread. It's divisive.

Just Pray likes this.
  12. Just Pray

Just Pray Fapstronaut

Okay thanks for your opinions. A part of me was thinking the same counter arguments that you all just mentioned. I shall head to the success stories section.

@alexander that's a great idea. I definitely think it should be *weekly* things
    and not like an all-time because that might create division or envy. With weekly, everyone gets a chance to top the charts, and if you don't it doesn't matter because you'll have another chance next week.

People who are against leaderboards can not get involved but those who like competitiveness will benefit, in my opinion.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
  13. goodboy1

goodboy1 Fapstronaut

I like this idea. It will motivate others that they can also do this(Nofap).