1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Fap Urges

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Chris Woodberry, Nov 28, 2015.

1. Chris Woodberry

Chris Woodberry Fapstronaut

My body is all the time wanting me to masturbate... After a certain period of time of abstaining will the urge to jack off stop? Become less frequent? Or at least calm down? I'm looking for real answers, you know? And preferably from long time nofappers.

2. taqwa

taqwa Fapstronaut

Yes it will, It took me about 3 wks. However, the urge will probably never completely go away. The more you deal with your problems using a technique other than PMO, the easier it will become. Your mind has a list of actions it tends to suggest when you need some sore of self-medication. It is our job to provide healthy outlets (see my thread: http://nofap.com/forum/index.php?threads/healthy-outlets.50125/) to fulfill that role. For most of us masturbation is the easiest and most dopamine producing choice. As we chose other options, this pathway will get weaker but it will never die. You must always be vigilant and keep your guard up. It is so worth giving it up. Masturbation for me is the gateway to PMO. It is also a relationship killer because often when we are busy it is easier to masturbate than to seek intimacy. However, if we don't masturbate, we will have more motivation and make more time to have intimacy with our partner thus improving the relationship. Further, If you masturbate frequently, you may lose the ability to ejacuate into a vagina. I wish you success. Stay strong! Win.