1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

fasting lossing weight

Discussion in 'Nutrition and Supplements' started by office, Feb 7, 2023.

1. office

office Fapstronaut

Hello everyone i will like to lose some body weight but i was thinking the method to be fasting is that good? because i am too fat and i want to lose that execes fast.Also, do you have any food recommendations? I don't like beef and fish, only chicken, turkey, and pork.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2023
  2. skybrowser

skybrowser Fapstronaut

Some people try to lose weight by fasting which they can but after they return to their normal habits the weight typically comes back. Don't get me wrong there a benefits to fasting so I'm not saying don't do it but the thing is to have a new permanent diet that will help you with the body you want to attain.

oretna likes this.
  3. PlusP

PlusP Fapstronaut

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/weight-loss/in-depth/calorie-calculator/itt-20402304

The most basic thing you need to master is "calories in, calories out". Use the link above to see what your mantinence calories you need are, which is the calories you need to maintain current weight, and cut out around 500-600 calories for your everyday diet. Fasting is incredibly useful, so if you want to do that in conjunction with what i just listed out, do some research on intermittent fasting techniques

Hope this helps!

p.s. Chicken is the best for cutting calories, high protein reletively low cals ;)