1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Fasting to help control urges?

Celebrating Celibacy!

1. Hi I just, joined Nofap and this group. I have done NoFap on and off for quite a few years, usually more successful than not, though when I stumble it takes a month or two to get back in control. I am single and have not had a sexual partner for about 7 years and I do not desire a sexual relationship. My reason for choosing celibacy is for the spiritual growth, power and energy it provides. When I am living the perfect celibate life free from PMO and all things sexual I feel the power coursing through my body and my spirit.

I am a curious person and am always looking to learn new things that can help me grow as a person, physically, mentally and spiritually. I am currently fasting and I find it has been very helpful, especially once you get past the first 2 or 3 days. From my experience so far; it helps clear and refocus the mind and spirit. From my limited experience with fasting, I am so finding it a very helpful tool to aid in the living of a celibate life and to help control urges. Of course, we cannot fast all the time, but it is something that we can do from time to time.

From the latest research that I have read science is now saying fasting has many benefits to the body and mind. It has also been used throughout history for numerous reasons.

What are your opinions? Have any of you tried fasting, and if so what was your experience?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2018