1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Bible Verse (s)

For Fapstronauts of the Catholic Christian Faith

1. In Jesus's name, I pray for the right words.

This morning while I was praying the rosary, I thought about bible verses. One, in particular, has been my favorite: John 4 1:42, The Woman at the Well. I love that verse, especially for its ending, John 4:28 "...Then, leaving her water jar, the woman went back to the town." Wow - she left her water jug!

The Samaritan woman went for water and departed without her water jug because she received living water. John 4:14 "... but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”

Then I contemplated the verses further and realized something that I did not see before. Jesus sought her out! The woman did not seek Jesus, but he found her. This is very humbling to think about, and it is highlighted in a verse after the story about the Woman at the Well. John 15:16 "You did not choose me, but I chose you"

The members of this site understand the struggles with PMO and how it affects us. So, just like the woman at the well, we are drawn closer to Jesus by our very struggles. Here is the good news. Look at the end of this verse, 1 Peter 5:10, ... Our struggles are meant to bring us closer to the Lord.

Thank you for reading. I hope that this is helpful.

Please take the time to share your favorite Bible verse(s). You may have an insight that others may not have thought about.

Jesus, Mary and Joseph, St. Maria Goretti, and our Guardian Angles, please help us.

Mara43 and CPilot like this.
  2. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

I feel certain that my favorite Bible verse, John 3:16, is one every Christian knows and understands but I love it nonetheless. What amazing love must our God hold for us that He would send His perfect son into our midst to live among us and sacrifice Himself for the sake of people who continually rebuke Him. I do not have the words to express how inspired I am by the facts behind this verse.

John ch 3. 16 For God so loved the world that he gave 7 his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him might not perish but might have eternal life.17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world might be saved through him. 18 Whoever believes in him will not be condemned, but whoever does not believe has already been condemned, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God. 19 And this is the verdict, that the light came into the world, but people preferred darkness to light, because their works were evil. 20 For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come toward the light, so that his works might not be exposed. 21 But whoever lives the truth comes to the light, so that his works may be clearly seen as done in God.

Certain members of my immediate family do not want to understand these verses, please join me in praying that they will exchange their pride for God's love and mercy before it is too late. Thank you

Mara43 and Dogstar like this.
  3. Thank you for sharing. I will pray for your family members who are struggling with this verse.

CPilot likes this.
  4. One of my favorite verses is Joshua 1:9
    Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.​

It reminds me to be strong and courageous because I'm not, and reminds me God is with me <3

Auggie, born3 and CPilot like this.
  5. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

I love this. Thanks for reminding me of it!

Auggie, born3 and Mara43 like this.
  6. Mara43 favorite caused me to look at that verse. Then I asked myself if God is with us wherever we go, then who can separate us from God? I remembered and then looked up this verse Romans 8-37-39
    "...in all these things we conquer overwhelmingly through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor present things, nor future things, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Mara43 and Auggie like this.
  7. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

Excellent point. I think it is impossible to take away God's love but I do think that sin can distance us from it. I think a tenet of God's love is that He does not force it upon us. When we commit a serious sin, it is a conscious choice away from God. Even then, God doesn't go away, He remains ready for us to ask Him back into our hearts. The unconditional love of God. So far beyond our human version of love, perhaps so incredible we cannot truly fathom it.

Dogstar and Mara43 like this.