1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Christian Songs and Groups.

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. I'm really a fan of Hillsong and ran into this one today:

At the top of the "Comments" column is a Pinned topic by Hillsong Worship/Ruben Morgan, where if you click "read more" of that post, has an incredible list of who we are in His eyes.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2018
  2. Since Dec. was Proverbs month, I like this one, too:
    18:10 The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe.

Ps. 18:1-2 is along the same line:
    :1 To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David the servant of the Lord, who spoke to the Lord the words of this song on the day that the Lord delivered him from the hand of all his enemies and from the hand of Saul. And he said: I will love You, O Lord, my strength. :2 The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

3. Thank you Lord God, that You know us by name. That You see our tears, our joys, our struggles. You even know when we lose a hair on our head or when a sparrow falls.
    That You knew what we would go through, even before the foundation of the earth, and love us much to even die for us, and rise for us
    to have the life you purposed and desire for us. We are truly blessed, than you, Lord Jesus.

4. Run_Like_Joseph_Did

Run_Like_Joseph_Did Fapstronaut

Josh Garrels is an unknown singer songwriter with some of the best worship music I have ever heard. Beautiful Eulogy is a hip hop group and that does some spoken word stuff and they are incredible. I seriously recommend listening to everything they have. Just search their names on YouTube.

_cwhitey_, jk243 and Deleted Account like this.
  5. Thanks for the post, I don't think I've heard of either of them before.
    I'll be sure to check them out.

6. Run_Like_Joseph_Did

Let me know what you think

7. I just put YouTube on my C.E. blocked list, so I'll have to check them out with Spotify.
    No more YouTube videos from me, but we can still post our favorites here in text :)

8. Waldo Selassie

Waldo Selassie New Fapstronaut

Maybe Rastas might seem heretical to some Christians, but the song is on topic for NoFap

YOU CAN'T GO TO ZION WITH NO CARNAL MIND!

9. zoraktothefuture

zoraktothefuture Fapstronaut

John Mark McMillan is by far my favorite. He lands among my top artists, Christian or otherwise. All of his stuff is great but his last 2 albums are on another level, in my opinion.

Deleted Account likes this.
  10. _cwhitey_

_cwhitey_ Fapstronaut

JOSH GARRELS IS SOOO GOOD! i'm SO glad someone mentioned him.

11. Run_Like_Joseph_Did

Right!? They don’t play that stuff on the radio but it’s incredible

Deleted Account and _cwhitey_ like this.
  12. Pycca

Pycca New Fapstronaut

I'm not a Christian radio fan. Have you ever heard of daily audio bible? Its a podcast. Check it out. The reader calls most Christian radio, songs for becky.
    Some of my recent faves are lovelite, Gungar and Wovenhand. Lovelite is so inspiring. You really have to listen to the last two, but their lyrics are amazing.

13. The Big Sad

The Big Sad Fapstronaut

I've been really enjoying "Already Over" and "Faceless" by Red. "Walls" by Manic Drive is also great to listen to.

14. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

Rivers and Robots
    Josh Garels
    Jonathan Mcreynolds (Gospel)
    Michael Smith
    But mostly I listen To Christian rappers like Lecrae, KB, Andy Mineo, Bizzle, Tedashii, Flame, Nobigdyl ...

15. The Big Sad

The Big Sad Fapstronaut

Disciple - Dear X
    Another great one that I just started listening to again

16. He's pretty good. I remember when he offered his second album as a free download [this was the days before Spotify and Apple Music].

I don't like the term Christian music since it seems to have us vs them mentality behind it but here's some that would be considered 'Christian':

This song is great! And it's not available on Spotify :emoji_angry:
    I don't like most Jeni Varnadeau songs but I love that.

Also Jars of Clay, Johnnyswim, Derek Webb, Sufjan Stevens, Mat Kearney, Jennifer Knapp, Lauren Daigle, Mariah Carey, Nichole Nordeman and Sara Grooves

People have mentioned Gungor and John Mark McMillan, I think they're pretty good too.