1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Fear of locker rooms

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by acquasalata, Jan 16, 2019.

1. acquasalata

acquasalata Fapstronaut

Hey. I really want to improve myself in many ways during this journey.
    I started to vape instead of smoking cigarettes, decreased the amount of weed weekly, I'm eating better food and drinking a lot of water (I used to drink, like, a glass of water per day??)
    So I want my next step to be some sport. I always loved sports: two years ago I was in a volley team and when I was younger I attended swimming, basket and tennis courses.
    And here's my problem: I am gay, so I am really scared to get horny in the locker room and M when I'm back home.
    In the past I always stared at my teammates and I'm not proud of that... Actually I did some awful things like recording them, too. I am changing, but the fear of falling in these behaviors again is high.
    Do you have any advice? I really want to go back swimming, I don't do that in a very long time.

nerd_lean likes this.
  2. freizeichen85

freizeichen85 Fapstronaut

Hey mate... I am also gay and I do know a lot of your feelings and been through what you did... I had the same problems, but went through this (so far...)

You have to face your demons, so I would higly recommend to go to the sports, it'll be good for you. Sure maybe you will get aroused, but this can happen to you everywhere. We both know that we don't need nacked guys to be triggered... :)

The first times will be hard after arriving home, but you have a goal and you will get there... If you like you can also send an PM so we can stay in contact.
    Cheers

acquasalata and nerd_lean like this.
  3. Abetterbrain

Abetterbrain Fapstronaut

I imagine this can be tough as a gay gent. Being able to change in the same room as people you are atttracted to must be fucking mad. But what is it you’re worried about? As long as you don’t make others uncomfortable I wouldn’t worry. They aren’t to know. I wouldn’t recommend filming as that’s an invasion of their privacy and illegal I imagine. Go do your sports and if you catch a glimpse what’s the harm in that?

4. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

It is good to combine areas of activity and self improvement while you are doing the NoFap challenge (i.e. no P or M). :cool:

I recommend badminton. It is a game played very quickly and it is very energetic and enjoyable. You will need to shower afterwards because you will walk off court very sweaty. Focus on the fact that you are there to make your NoFap journey more successful. So, do not look for dicks or arses and finish up quickly and leave. Be prepared ahead if time at home so you have something ready to do as you walk in the door. Idle hands will soon start exploring your body and your dick! o_O

5. acquasalata

acquasalata Fapstronaut

The harm is to fuel my fantasies. I don't go to do some sport in two years, and locker rooms are kind of a sexual fantasy to me, so, idk maybe it's not a good thing going during the first month of the reboot.

Thanks for the advice! Yeah I could do what you're saying, thinking a lot about my journey when I'm there and plan something to do at home. One of the things to plan is absolutely put away the computer, to not fuel the fantasy even more searching for things.

Maybe one the next days I could try and see what happens. I'll keep you updated!

6. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

This is a great idea. Before you leave, turn the computer off. But I cannot stress enough, have something specific to come back to. It might be a hobby you have, it might be to make some food, you could have a piece of music you are learning (if you play). But make the plan before you leave.

Don't let you 'fear of locker rooms' bully you into avoiding something that is good for you - the sports and exercise. You can have the best of both worlds. Go for a swim, get on the court and reap all the benefits from that fun and exercise. :cool: Have your shower, but don't linger or ogle in the changing rooms. Get home and do what you have planned in advance. I eagerly await your next bulletin! :)

7. Abetterbrain

Abetterbrain Fapstronaut

It’s not good to avoid exercise, why not just shower at home as other have suggested? Or do sports that are solo? Like running. Swimming pools mostly have single changing rooms although you run the risk of seeing dudes Wearing very little. I know when I swim my eyes do wander to the women in swimsuits.