1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Fear of sleeping and darkness

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Esotericsufi, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Esotericsufi

Esotericsufi Fapstronaut

I fear darkness ...i fear to sleep bcox i think something will happen to me in the dark or i will die during sleep...i guess they r different phobias which cover up my real fears...the fears embedded deep in my unconscious.

Tafi likes this.
  2. CTRL + DEL

CTRL + DEL Fapstronaut

Use a night light when the sun goes down and visit a therapist when the sun comes up.

These fears, particularly at your age, are signs of poor emotional development and possibly some insecurities manifesting themselves.

Have you ever been a victim of emotional abuse?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  3. Randy Andy

Randy Andy Fapstronaut

I'm sorry that's happening to you, it must be very difficult given the need to sleep each night. My foster daughter in another country had that, she needed a lot of time and help, cuddling and singing songs and such, to get to sleep and then in the middle of the night she very often had nightmares that would wake her up crying. I'm sorry to say I wasn't able to help her much. You may have some things available to you to help yourself, I'm sure you've already thought of many options and probably tried several of them. For me I practice a method of facing feelings without fighting them, fear anger etc and no matter if they are big or small. Theres actually 4 methods i use that are like that, accepting of feelings rather than fighting them.. And then when theyve been met they tend to change much quicker than i expect.

4. Esotericsufi

Esotericsufi Fapstronaut

No,i didn't have these fears some two years ago ...i guess they r just withdrawal symptoms.

5. CTRL + DEL

CTRL + DEL Fapstronaut

Strange.

I doubt it but let's work with this theory for now.
    Can you post an update here in a month?

6. Esotericsufi

Esotericsufi Fapstronaut

7. 0ffset_

0ffset_ Fapstronaut

I also have the same problem I’m not scared of the dark but I’m scared when I go to bed that a ghost/demon will attack me.

8. Esotericsufi

Esotericsufi Fapstronaut

Fuck man...i was sexually assaulted in my childhood.You can see the suppression here when u replied that were u emotionally abused...i straightaway replied no.I was reading today and suddenly out of nowhere i started crying -i began to remember it again.I keep forgetting it.... don't know why...there is too much of suppression in my emotional system.

9. CTRL + DEL

CTRL + DEL Fapstronaut

Yeah I suspected something like this. Don't worry. This doesn't surprise me.

Yes, there is.

Have you considered visiting a psychologist? You will really benefit from such a venture.

10. JoeinUSA

JoeinUSA Fapstronaut

So the boogieman might come or we might die - who cares! And, as these things never happen from our experience, we then just get on with living - and living fully even, showing as false all these previous nonfoundational fears. Then, when awake, it may also help to strive to grow and improve as we can, little by little - little steps for little feet. We gently look at the woundedness in our lives that we unconsciously feel may do us in (our boogiemen),and we look at the parts of our selves that we wish would die or think will kill us (our death wishes), and we strive toward better and more virtuous behaviors, getting rid of destructive addictions, self-forgiveness, becoming more loving and forgiving toward others, inner healing, spiritual guidance and journeying, and pursuing a true path of fulfillment in a divine reality beyond ourselves. Best wishes!