1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Feeling crappy and need to vent

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Mike1991, Jan 10, 2023.

1. Mike1991

Mike1991 Fapstronaut

Hey guys, hope that you don't mind me venting but just feels like the last few days sucked.

Not sure if it is just some "energy" going on, weather, holidays, work, or being tired but I can easily say I have had better days and felt better also have a headache and feeling quite miserable today.

Talking to some family and a few friends it seems like "suckyness" has been present.

I am more or less 7 Days in my journey. Not really keeping track since I may have glimpsed at some images, but did not MO.

Hoping that this can pass and I can get in a better mood and better spirit and feel better soon. Looking forward to bed time so I can just rest

Anyone else able to relate to feeling less than stellar the last few days?

M_H likes this.
  2. Astronaruto

Astronaruto Fapstronaut

yh these feeling come and go, i had the same feeling a few days a go, i went for a walk through the city late night and felt much better when i got back, most of the time i feel this way when things in life feel a bit stagnant, so its always good to move some energy around, walk, exercise , shower, watch my classic film. this done the job last time. just some productive ways to ease the mind

Mike1991 and M_H like this.
  3. Those waves of emotions are very common. I'm talking from experience too. Some days are straightforward and fine, others seem to feel long together with bouts of feeling down, depressed, just overall low energy. This all comes with the package of recovery.

Mike1991 likes this.
  4. Mike1991

Mike1991 Fapstronaut

Yeah I know I get these days/feelings in normal times. I just don't know if they came out now because of trying Nofap or not.

It just feels like I am full of all kinds of energy and emotions. But I do see some progress in the 1 week, and I don't want to cave in and break my streak.

its not any urges, just cravings like "I wouldn't mind flapping" ect. But I think it means that I am making progress and get withdrawal symptoms. I know I would get that split second rush, and then feel bad that the 7 days just disappeared. 7 days is the longest I've gone in a while.

I appreciate you guys letting me vent

M_H likes this.
  5. littlecomet

littlecomet Fapstronaut

That’s what every winter feels like to me. When the holidays are over and we’re left with the part of winter that isn’t holly and jolly and cheerful, I get depressed really easily. I think a lot of it is to do with the shortness of the days. Hard to feel motivated to do anything when it feels like there’s barely any light in the day. I get up to work and it’s dark and I get home and it’s dark. Makes me wanna just stay in bed on my phone during all my free time lol. Hoping that the feelings you’re feeling fade, and with every day there’s a little bit more warmth and light.

M_H and Mike1991 like this.
  6. Mike1991

Mike1991 Fapstronaut

I appreciate you guys letting me vent. Didn't sleep that well lastnight, but at least I am more or less feeling much better today other than it being super cold, windy, and blowing snow outside.

I know we all get these ups/downs whether we are on nofap or not. I just know normally I would fap if I would feel this way. I know had I fapped it would have made me feel angry and upset that I caved in. Happy I was able to hold strong

Last edited: Jan 11, 2023
    M_H and littlecomet like this.
  7. Astronaruto

Astronaruto Fapstronaut

Kudos to u bruva, its during these times of uncomfortability that we grow and level up, this experience of staying strong and determined during such adversities is registered in our minds and bodies. Its like an upgrade that will come useful later on.. taming the inner beast, growing in masculinity and strength, breaking through psychological barriers so that we become masters. everything is happening for us. we just have to continued to be earnest and righteous in our actions. emotions may fluctuate, but the one who masters the mind, masters the universe

M_H and Mike1991 like this.
  8. Mike1991

Mike1991 Fapstronaut

Thanks!

I really do think that the benefits of nofap really do outweigh the "pleasure" we get from fapping. Years ago I did quite well and I remember feeling awesome !

I also like your analogy of leveling up! Like an RPG game! Haha. But it is very true, we gain experience through these trials, and we get stronger and stronger with practice. It is a journey/a quest.

I appreciate your kind words

M_H likes this.