1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Feeling empty

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Kman20, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Kman20

Kman20 Fapstronaut

My days have gotten into a routine where I wake up exercise, go to class, do my hobbies, hangout with my family, and talk to some friends everyday but I still feel somewhat empty. Maybe because the majority of my day I stay inside ? I do go to college but after that I just go home and whatever so I just feel empty. I feel like I need to go out and face life or something. How did you guys deal with your feelings of emptiness?

2. I’m still trying to figure this one out. It’s like I’ve checked all the boxes I’m supposed to in life, but the next challenge is eluding me. It makes me feel unconnected.

3. This really resonated with me; what you described is almost exactly my experience. On the the surface, it appears that I am doing everything right--getting good grades, exercising regularly, eating healthy, take care of myself, socializing, following my passions, etc--but I feel empty at times too.

If I am completely honest, part of me just really wants to be in a relationship and experience intimacy with a woman. Not just sex; I'm talking about a real, deep, spiritual connection with her. Sometimes I feel like people don't know the "real" me, and the only person who could get close enough to me to truly understand me is a romantic partner. I really just want to be understood. You can have all the friends in the world, but if they don't know you, you still feel lonely...

Just some thoughts.

LeJu likes this.
  4. SolitaryScribe

SolitaryScribe Fapstronaut

The feeling of emptiness means that you're hungry for spirituality. It's an inner awakening, an innate longing for something deeper. Everyone goes through this, and it starts people on a journey to explore the inner self.

Karimtolstoi likes this.
  5. Exactly it' just like this, what we feel about emptiness is longing for spiritual connection with Higher Power. But alos it mean that we arenot coonected with ourselves.

Kman20 likes this.