1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Feeling good, but sometimes I want to feel pain(?)

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by SorryWontSayIt, Sep 25, 2019.

1. SorryWontSayIt

SorryWontSayIt Fapstronaut

Hi!

Okey, I feel like this is very weird, and I don't really understand why I do this sometimes. So I am wondering if someone else is going trough the same thing sometimes.

Okey, one - two years ago, I went trough a lot of shit. I have had a very "stable" life before that, where not too much have been a problem to me. But the end of 2017 and 2018, was pretty shit for me. It was not just one thing that made me "depressed", but it was a lot that happend at once, which made it really difficult for me to handle. I started to struggel, every single day. I have struggled a lot in the start of 2019 too, but at the start of the summer, it changed a lot. I feel normally very good now. I feel like I have learned a lot about myself, and have grown a lot with more experience in life after all the bad shit.

During the time I was really depressed I kind of was digging myself deeper and deeper into a pit of pain. Sometimes I still do, and I don't really know why I sometimes want to feel some pain.
    (This is not really a big problem. My days are going really great, and I know the "digging" will stop very soon. But was wondering if someone who are happy today, sometimes like to feel some what pain? I don't really know how to describe what pain I am even searching for).

But to make it clear once again. I am feeling good, and sometimes I just "enjoy" listening to sad music or something like that, but I am not really sad anymore. I feel great.

Is this some sort of weird thing that my brain does to me, since I got really used to be in pain? That the brain wants to get back to something it "knows"?

NOTE: I don't really know if I suffered from depression, I did not visit a doctor or anything to confirm it. But I was at least in a lot of pain during a periode. ¨

Thanks for the read, and hopefully some thougths!

Have a great day/nigth!