1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Feeling low.... and broken.....

Discussion in 'Partner Support' started by jrbcoug11, Dec 9, 2017.

1. jrbcoug11

jrbcoug11 Fapstronaut

I've had a really rough day.... I've had so many feelings and thoughts I can't keep one straight from the other. My husband was dragging me down today, and I feel so responsible for taking care of him when he's down. I feel like I can't just cut him off, but I know that's what I need to do. I feel like he pulls me back in by saying, "I guess I won't ever talk about this ever again." He shuts me down and I get angry because that is not how we operate. Then I went and did something really stupid. I went on his Facebook page from when he was dating a woman who participated in his PA with him. He posted so many things about her, calling her his angel, ending every post with a heart and her initials. It was like she was everything to him. He never did that for me. I started wondering if he settled for me, knowing full well I would never participate in his fetish with him like she did. I ended tonight feeling even worse than when I started. I feel like I'm just injuring myself, like somehow I deserve all this pain and sadness, and I just want to make it hurt more, for whatever reason. I can't keep doing this to myself, but I just can't deal with any of this.

2. Dr_prof

Dr_prof Fapstronaut

Sounds like your husband was seriously flirting at the time he was dating that lady. However, I relate to that. I would interpret those messages as hooks to keep her interested in him rather than being serious. As you are his steady SO he has no need to send you hooks to keep you interested in him. Perhaps thats why he sent them to a previous GF but not you.

Dont read too much into it. If you withdraw a little, he will likely start sending those to you too.

Hopefulgirl likes this.
  3. A new day

A new day Fapstronaut

Please read “Facing Love Addiction”, by Pia Mellody. You sound exactly like I was back when I lived with a boyfriend who constantly sought that kind of attention.