1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

feeling out of place at university.

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Thechosenone, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Thechosenone

Thechosenone Fapstronaut

I find it hard to integrate with people at university, main reason being they're all from more privileged backgrounds than me...they have thier circles etc. Some girls are very pretty but I don't think I can make them laugh, we don't share the same sense of humour. It's made it hard for me to gauge NoFap progress because they didn't even acknowledge my existence in the first place. Now they sort of do I guess .

I started dressing smarter and looking better, new hairstyle, it's helped me get attention. I'm just afraid that if I ever talked to any girls I wouldn't merge in with the group well. There aren't many role models. It's all very indie and drugs and fvck it mentality. I'm trying to become proper through NoFap, no match ...

They're all too nicey nicey I find it very hard to act. I'm dealing with a lot of big egos it's a design university. Nobody sees very human to me. ..they all travel to thier exotic locations. I must keep going with self improvement and continue to dress well.

It's just as if I feel NoFap would work really well for me in any environment just not this one...it's the worst demoralising one there is. It's warped my soul lol!

I'm not allowed to be depressed or feel different to anyone else. It's like they're all in a very powerful matrix. I'm outside the matrix, it's lonely!

2. Sucks bro. Maybe disproving your premise would be a good place to start. Someone who feels negative is going to experience negativity - you're living a self-fulfilling prophecy. So you need to start feeling part of it, have one conversation every day with someone you'd probably feel uncomfortable speaking with. Training your mind can provide hope for even the most disheartening of situations.

3. Thechosenone

Thechosenone Fapstronaut

Indeed i'll have to try actively, its these recent psubs and edging relapsing thats given me more negative and limiting thoughts, my mind should become more optimistic the longer i stay away from these vices

4. yousuff

yousuff Fapstronaut

In my university days, I was like no-one. People are crazy with hype and trends but I do not liked be followed by these. It makes me insecure. I always try to develop my skills that I love to do. 95% of my class mates were fucking rich and pretty, I was neither of it. I was always callous about my dresses like a geek. But whenever my class mates struggle with things related to internet, googling, programming, little fixing of their PCs, they automatically call me to help them out. They know a lot about fashions, movies, celebrities, recent styles but I know very little about it. I was a better ex-plainer of internet things, computer science terminology, basic science things, astrophysics; most of them have no basic idea about these. I am living my life and it satisfies me every time I know something about new what I love.

Thechosenone likes this.
  5. TotalLifeChange

TotalLifeChange Fapstronaut

@Chef Boy just gave you a key to life.

You are outside that social group as long as you keep a rigid viewpoint on your situation.

As an exercise, I would suggest you make a list of different possible relationships to other students (e.g. 1. being in their vibe and them begging you, even inviting you to their trips and social gatherings, 2. being in a superior vibe than they are, 3. being in a lower vibe than they are, 4. being totally alien to their daily life because you are so successful with you own stuff; 5. and so on...) then close your eyes in a relaxed background and visualize the different outcomes of being in those shoes. That way you gain A LOT more clarity to choose what you want to experience truly.

Thechosenone likes this.
  6. DBug

DBug Fapstronaut

Sounds like you are surrounded by superficial instagram hipsters... that sucks. But universities are huge! Somewhere you will find a bunch of people you'll get along with. Also give them a closer look: are they really all so horrible? The cool kids alsways have some leaders so try to speak to the others when they aren't around and maybe you'll encounter a whole new person!
    And if you really can't find anyone be pragmatic: Go to uni, study and endure them and afterward go meet friends from outside of uni. You can meet weekly to watch the new episode of GOT and order pizza or pursue some friends to try out some crazyass weird sport/game like parcour or iaido or dungeons and dragons or anything you can excite yourselves for. Use your time together to charge your "social batteries" and it will make it easier at university and makes your reboot easier.
    And if these people really threaten your reboot progress look at it that way: Don't let these people ruin your efforts! They don't have power over you! You have!

Golgo 13 likes this.
  7. Golgo 13

Golgo 13 Fapstronaut

Get drunk, do drugs, they'll remove ur inhibitions, and you'll be able to talk to the "cool kids". But I get what what your saying.
    @TotalLifeChange couldn't have said it better. This Instagram shit is annoying and fake. You cant tell the real from the fake.
    @Thechosenone I recommend you start watching MTV (I knw its painful). I recommend you start drinking liquor - that may loosen u up. Then you can go to a party and meet up with some random ppl, haave fun (make sure u look like u r a wild dude that's down for anything - people like tht) and get their number; BAM now ur in their circle.
    Start smoking weed and drinking dude, its what all the kids do nowadays.
    upload_2016-3-21_19-26-32.png upload_2016-3-21_19-27-22.png
    ^
    This is the answer to your social anxiety. Almost all the kids drink before going out.:cool:

If you want advice on how to talk to girls at parties (and get them in bed by midnight ;)) then PM me.

In conclusion: Get social, be the "dumb dude who drinks and doesn't give a fuck", that's how the kids are these days. In fact they've been like that since atleast the 1970s; this is nothing new.

ALSO TRY X-NAX! IT WILL ELIMINATE ANXIETY! :oops: + X-nax = :confused: ~ :cool::p:D

Thechosenone likes this.
  8. Thechosenone

Thechosenone Fapstronaut

solid advice bruh I do need to loosen up big time lmao