1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Feelings of Guilt

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by luke775, Oct 15, 2020.

1. luke775

luke775 Fapstronaut

Hey guys,

I've been through many Nofap streaks (longest about 40 days) and I always seem to feel guilty and really emotional on the 2nd or 3rd day of stopping. Not necessarily about my past PMO but just normal things. For instance, I was meant to babysit my half-sisters last week while my parents went out but ended up cancelling late as I was feeling sick. Normally I would feel guilty about this but I feel very guilty and feel really bad for cancelling on my Dad last minute. This happens at the start of every streak, even on really small things.

Does anyone else get a similar thing? or heightened emotions? I'm thinking it may be because I'm no longer distracted/complacent/numb and am now starting to feel real emotions. Any advice on how to deal with this would be very appreciated too as I still feel guilty now :(

Thanks!

Wandering777 likes this.
  2. You’re in the starting phase. It’s very common to have guilt in this phase. If you maintain your streak, the guilt will go away.

Wandering777 likes this.
  3. ThePeakWae

ThePeakWae Fapstronaut

3/4 days in, almost vomited last night on top of getting a bit of flu and diarrea, it´s so shit, but worth it.