1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Feelings

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Floweringlife, Feb 15, 2018.

1. It is the time of my cycle when I am biologically ready to become a mother and it makes it hard in some ways. I have biology telling me one thing and my emotions wanting it too but also afraid of being let down and unable to connect. Maybe I need counseling. It’s not like I don’t get attention. I can’t receive it. I’m getting old. Sigh. I’m also realizing how I try not to be vulnerable and it messes me up. Life is weird to navigate. I will be ok.

2. Admonius

Admonius Fapstronaut

Counselling or psychology sessions help. Unpack what’s happening beneath the surface.
    It gets harder as you get older. Being unable to connect is hard at times

3. you are a normal girl. everyone is afraid of parenthood and engagement in relationships but it will be good in the end ;)

4. Thank you that’s encouraging!

tiredofbeingtired likes this.
  5. The Wrestler

The Wrestler Fapstronaut

Brené Brown has some good talks on youtube about vulnerability, if you're interested in learning more about it.

6. Yea I saw one and enjoyed it thank you

7. Ongoingsupport

Ongoingsupport Fapstronaut

I seem to remember you posted your age before and it is not old, also I think our shallow culture values youth for no good reason and it's good to be aware of that kind of message and influence to prevent ourselves from internalizing it.

Floweringlife likes this.
  8. Mankrik

Mankrik Fapstronaut

Seems like everyone can relate to not being able to relate. I think it's only human nature to want to be a mother or father. That might just be the best experience this life has to offer. That's my ultimate goal in life yet my heart seems to stay closed. We all need love though. We need to give it and receive it.

Take initiative and make a conscious effort to make your dreams and aspirations a reality. But don't worry too much. Plan a future for yourself and work towards better days, but don't forget to enjoy right now.

Eleanor and Floweringlife like this.