1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Feels like Jo is much better then actual sex

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by Qzmp1, Jun 13, 2022.

1. Qzmp1

Qzmp1 Fapstronaut

Hi, I'm married and started nofap in the beginning of the month.
    I feel like I want to Jo much more then I want to have sex with my wife.
    Will this change at some point? Or the easy, exiting Jo will always be there in the back of my head?

2. DonkeyKart8

DonkeyKart8 Fapstronaut

From my experience, yes to both questions.

It helps to change the focus. Did you always prefer M to sex with your wife? My guess is no. Think about what you were focused on in those times--your wife. Keep the focus there and the other thoughts will subside.

As you mentioned M is an easy way. I would disagree that it is exciting, though. By definition it is a solitary and lonely activity that is not doing much to enhance your life. Likely the opposite. I have never seen a headstone that read "If only I had had more time to M."

3. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

It swings more in favor of your wife over time, but the ease of PMO lingers in the background, particularly as a coping mechanism.

Faceplanter and DonkeyKart8 like this.
  4. TheLightOne

TheLightOne Fapstronaut

Think about pleasing ur wife that may make u feel more happy

ANewFocus likes this.
  5. PMO addiction is a dopamine addiction, and almost nothing gives you bigger hits of dopamine than PMO does. But, the amounts of dopamine you get from it are not natural either. It's a mega-dose that your brain has gotten used to over time, and because of that, 'normal' natural things that give you much smaller hits of dopamine don't seem as great anymore. Sex with your wife can't compete with PMO, and it can't be an equal substitute as far as dopamine goes.

However, you can rewire your brain back to normal so that eventually you'll enjoy normal, natural things again. If you commit to recovery...abstain from PMO, dig deep to find the reason why you turned to P in the first place, work through that issue, etc....you'll be able to build intimacy with your wife and want to have sex with her.

Once you get far enough in recovery, you'll start to see that sex in your marriage can be much more exciting than PMO ever was.