1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Felt the urge, and went on a walk instead!

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by melatonin, May 19, 2021.

1. melatonin

melatonin Fapstronaut

Today is my first day of reboot. A trigger for me is boredom, so lo and behold, I finished work early and had nothing to do today. I could feel my mind start to wander like usual, and I said y'know what? Not today! I got up, put on my running shoes, and walked for five miles around town.
    I'm in a pretty good weight range for myself but I lead a very sedentary lifestyle. I don't eat much and when I do I eat pretty healthily so I usually make the excuse that I don't need to exercise since I don't need to lose weight, but I realized that that's bullcrap because exercise is so much more than just burning fat! My sexual urges went away during that walk, and I felt tired in a good way, not in an "I stayed up until four o'clock last night" way. I haven't felt this fulfilled in a while.
    I'll definitely be incorporating walks hopefully every day, and once I get comfortable with that I want to start jogging. I just feel really great and fulfilled and I wanted to share what might be the start of my fitness journey!

Toni7 likes this.
  2. I was just thinking today since I can't really do cardio at the gym with masks and breathing CO2 with my heartrate at 157 - just walk up a damn hill! Where I was at at the time was pretty flat but back home there's a nice little mountain I can head up for a while, so tomorrow morning! Stupidly simple stuff that can be done on a regular basis, go figure!

Toni7 and melatonin like this.