1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Female, left an abusive relationship, alone...

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by lisastoneoyoga, Dec 29, 2022.

1. I am glad you found the emotional strength to move on from this tragic experience you have had, my advice to you is try to find a group of friends in real-life to bond with or try to find a woman's care center/shelter in your area, I have seen a lot of them from where I live. I feel sorry for what you are going through but I am sure it will be much better when he is gone and you moved on from him.

lisastoneoyoga likes this.
  2. EightDalla

EightDalla Fapstronaut

Hey I'm not trying to tell you what to do.. but if you can try and move away. Dudes that abuse are psycho and are more likely than others to take things further. Bless you for getting out of there. We're all here to support each other and glad to meet women who are also on PMO journey.

About your friends, family etc.. you have lost. You can always try engaging them with sincerity. Apologize for your shortcomings or taking them for granted (whatever the case is). They may be receptive, they may not be.. but it is worth it to try. They may be understanding given your situation or they may not.. be prepared for either but the upside is you may rewarm those connections..

And please under no circumstances get back with your ex. Woman (and even men) who are abused are esp vulnerable to getting back with their abuser. There's some deeply fucked hardwiring that happens when you are in love with someone and they abuse you and then they are really nice to you afterward.. It's similar to crack.. but obviously it is dangerous to your health and well being.

I wish you the best Lisa - praying for you - please pray for me too.

3. I want out

I want out Fapstronaut

Hey, Lisa.
    Just wondering about how you've been holding up. I know this thread is already somewhat old, but your story kinda stuck with me. Really hope things are better on your end. And if they aren't a whole lot better just yet, just make sure you're safe and on your way to recovery. The rest, unfortunately, takes a bit of time. But you'll make it alright.

Wish you the absolute best. We're really cheering for you here. Take care :)

4. I can relate to a certain extent. I got divorced in '17. I was lonely, in a new city, all that.
    It's hard. I was depressed and I felt like a total loser.

So I said, screw it, I'm going NoFap. I didn't think much would happen.

It was a slight miscalculation...

5. lisastoneoyoga

lisastoneoyoga Fapstronaut

I'm in a better situation now. My ex keeps contacting me but I've been able to hold off on any further engagement for a while. Thanks for your message!

6. I want out

I want out Fapstronaut

That's great. Sorry about the ex but it seems like you're taking the steps you can to stay safe. That's great, really. Wish you the best, take care!