1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Fighting Mad

For Fapstronauts of the Catholic Christian Faith

1. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

The Bible commands loving others. But what if you are right and they are wrong? Should we not try to convince them of the truth?
    Our job as Christians is to "present" the truth to others. This applies to spiritual things or just normal things in life. When people believe the opposite of what we do, we refer back to the above command. Once we have stated our case for what we believe we "allow" them to have their opinion. We show them both love and respect for their opinion.
    Don't allow them to continue to try to prove their point with you if you are in complete disagreement. Don't keep trying to convince them when you are in complete disagreement. Instead continue to focus on your increase in love. Second, if you don't have a one or two-page printout with verses about love, today is a good day to do that. Jesus died for us because of His great love for us. I need to study my verses on love more. We all do. For example, we argue with someone at work, school, or at home, and get angry. One of my printed-out verses from 1st Corinthians 13 talks about how love does not get angry. I read this printout often and when I do I pray, "Father, take away my anger."
    It is amazing how arguments die when no one gets mad. When one person shows respect for the other person.
    Third, what if you really need to convince them of the truth? The best way to do that is to stay calm, truly listen to them, and softly explain the facts. If they insist on arguing stay quiet and pray to increase in love. This method allows you a future opening to talk to them again when they might be more open to the truth.
    Fourth, satan sinks millions of people every day by getting them into disagreements. 1 John 4:16 God is love, and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him." We keep the Holy Spirit fully in us when we are the person who is the peacemaker.
    But, when we escalate the fight satan gets more and more of the room. Then when the fight is over he has us about 99% exactly where he wants us. We know how that ends.
    Finally, pray to have love and respect for others when you disagree with them. Pray often about getting the anger out. Pray about allowing others to have an opinion. Pray about being a peacemaker, and pray always about increasing in love.
    Satan's trick is to get you fighting and fighting mad so that you fall. The next time he pulls that trick with you, just let him know... you now have a plan.

2. born3

born3 Fapstronaut

Good post. Thank you.

timcia likes this.
  3. Love one another by example. St, Francis "“Preach the Gospel at all times. Use words if necessary.”

CPilot and timcia like this.
  4. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

I think we must examine our motives in these instances. We must remain aware of the insidious temptations of the sin of pride. Is our desire to be proven right more paramount to us than the desire to draw people to Christ? Christ drew people to Himself by speaking the truth in a loving, humble way. He did not seek to glorify Himself, even though He is God, but rather He drew people to Himself by demonstrating to them the incredible mercy and love of The Father.

When conversing with other Christians, surely one of our purposes is to build each other's faith, not tear another's faith apart in hopes they will think exactly the same as us. We need not compromise what we believe but we need to consider the ultimate goal when we discuss it. Let us remember our role in helping each other walk the road towards Christ at all times.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2023
    born3 likes this.