1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Finding a University in the US. American Fapstronauts Help!!

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by MrSalvatore001, Nov 13, 2019.

1. MrSalvatore001

MrSalvatore001 Fapstronaut

I'm thinking about pursuing my undergraduate abroad in the US or Canada. Although I've done 2 years of B.Tech (CSE). I don't think it's working for me anymore.
    Any American Fapstronaut's suggestion on universities in the US?
    I have an interest in Business, Entrepreneurship or Psychology.

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. Psychology- California State University Monterey Bay. They have a psychology curriculum and it’s in a beautiful location right by Monterey Bay.

3. Evig Faith

Evig Faith Fapstronaut

I can’t give specific recommendations, but I can offer some advice.

Most important: make sure a college/university is accredited. This can be done by checking the Department of Education website or an accrediting agency like HLC or one of the main regional accrediting orgs. An unaccredited college is good as moot and it’ll only be a waste of money for a worthless degree.

Also, you don’t need a degree from an Ivy League school or any other high-prestige university for most jobs. The main times they help are if you go into Academia/research, Law school or medical school. A state-funded university is good enough while offering tuition between 10-20% of the cost for in-state tuition (out of state students could pay between 3-5x the price of in-state, but still a huge saving). This is one reason why America is having a huge student loans issue right now.

I don’t know much about the Canadian system, but I have friends who went to college there and most of them enjoyed it. Then again they were also Canadian citizens.