First time here, hoping an AP will help me get further this time.

Discussion in 'Accountability Partners' started by GrowingStronger, Feb 12, 2020.

1. GrowingStronger

GrowingStronger Fapstronaut

Hi all.

I have been aware of nofap for about a year but only recently have I taken this seriously enough to join the group. I've been having anxiety troubles and thought that getting out of the hole even if it makes the anxiety worse short term will make me better in the long run.

I'm 27, Male, living in Canada. My longest intentional streak has been approximately 12 days (might have been longer but I don't know the exact start date). I lost the battle that time due to allowing myself to view images of girls but not touch myself. This lasted for about 2-3 days before it escalated into edging and then relapse by the 5th day. So if you count the viewing of images then my streak is only 7 days long which is why I'm here. I have a hard time being straight with my partner since she feels emotionally hurt every time I relapse and the anxiety of telling her makes my journey harder. I thought that maybe being accountable to a stranger who will better understand will make the guilt barrier far lower, making honest communication easier, and my chances of success higher.
    • I have been taking a few different supplements and have weaned out the ones which left me feeling worse rather than better to ensure my mental health is as good as it can be.
    • I'm actively going to the gym
    • I sleep 7-8 hours most days but wake at least once a night (trying to fix that one atm)
    • I'm in a loving relationship so I don't suffer from the solitude factor which used to make it harder for me
    I relapsed on day 3 this morning so it's a fresh start. I don't know how to turn on the day counter here, so any advice is appreciated. I do not feel comfortable with skype or video chats and prefer messaging instead.

2. B12rent

B12rent Fapstronaut

Hey man

28 in the US. I've been struggling with NoFap too, I have made long streaks of 20 days, but that hasn't happened in over a year. And lately it seems like I can't get past 3 or so days. I too think an AP that has no real ties might help me. knowing that they know what I am struggling with.

Hit me up via PM and we can go from there if you would like.