1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

First time in gym at 22

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Dec 2, 2019.

1. So, yeah . i did go to the gym for the first time today at 22 . Really enjoyed the feeling.
    It helps in many ways - Shedding social anxiety due to years of PMO, gives you a positive self-image and vibes, helps getting fit and healthy (obviously) and motivates you to become better overall as a human being.

So i am quite proud that i did start hitting the gym after years of just thinking about it.
    What about you ?

2. NothingMoreNothingLess

NothingMoreNothingLess Fapstronaut

Nice job man! I started working out in my house gym at age 13. I then decided to go to a real gym to meet people this August, plus the free weights are heavier than the ones I have in my house. Good luck with your second day man, your muscles will be so sore but that’s parts of the fun of working out.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. Great! Find out what your body tipe is, learn more about it. Before gym I recommed raisins, rice, some coffee with sugar or whatever gives you energy. After eat some protein containing foods like eggs, chicken etc. It's a great thing to do. You're lucky if you're mesomorph like me, because we are made for gym where we can both grow and shred. If you're ectomorph, you better find yourself in street workout or just excercises like push ups, dips, pullups n shit. If you're endomorph then you better do some heavier weight stuff. Of course we all are free to do what we want to.
    Good luck!

4. lolos

lolos Fapstronaut

Fuck yeah man. I think the gym is one of the best things a man can do for himself. Wait until you start seeing serious strength increases and changes in your body, your confidence will skyrocket.

5. Thanks guys for the motivation and advice. i will surely consider it. Appreciate your support.

6. DerSchütze

DerSchütze Fapstronaut

Yeah brother, it's great, hit the basics hard and you will make lots of progress.

7. Patillitas

Patillitas Fapstronaut

Hey man, I started go to the gym at 23, a little late maybe; I have always liked pratice sports like soccer, cycling and swimming; but i did't go to th gym because I have always been relly thin, and I thought that in the gym people would laugh because of me.
    Fortunately it was completely different, and I could beat that myth; nowadays I keep going there, and also praticing the other sports. It's really nice to feel that the clothes start to fit you and you can feel much better.

8. yeah , i totally get you. i am also on the leaner side and cant even do a pull up right now. but who cares. i am enjoying my time in the gym working out and thats what matters. i hope you are having fun too.

edit: just noticed you have a 100+ day streak. wow. how has the journey been man and any tips for a newbie like me !!

9. JUST AN UPDATE POST :

SO I AM ON MY DAY 16 TODAY AND WORKING OUT HAS BEEN A GREAT SOURCE OF STRENGTH AND POSITIVITY FOR ME.

I have also noticed that the workout is much better on those days where I nearly thought of relapsing, on days when urges are high. What I feel is,
    that working out is a great way to channel those urges into something productive for the body. Just 2 weeks in gym and I can definitely notice
    many changes in my body particularly in my energy levels and being up and running even after a long day .

Apart from it, I am trying to do meditations but usually I don't get time for it. Any tips from you guys will really help on this. I am confused on how should
    I start meditating. should I go out in the sun, sit in my room, or use some mobile apps etc.

GOING STRONG AND YEAH, THIS IS MY DECEMBER. I AM GONNA BE AT MY BEST. WHAT ABOUT YOU ??

Anonymous86 and Espi1971 like this.
  10. DAY18 update:
    I did relapse. I am not sorry though I feel bad rn. I did great and i am very proud of myself.

Gonna be much more stronger from now on. I'll be back .

(to be honest, it took a whole lot of courage to make this update post and accept that I did fail. )